It's Official-Tyson Fight to Air on VOOM Ch. 711-For Free!!! at 9pm EST

Both of the previous (Don King's) boxing events on VOOM were in HD and on a separate channel. I would assume this time it will be no different.

As of right now, 11:57 a.m. PST, ShowHD has Sum of all Fears listed on Zap2It. Even Showtime's webpage has the same movie.

Here's a link to the fight at Show's webpage.

Why isn't Voom advertising the hell out of this?

Right or wrong Tyson does attract an audience and showing this fight for free could bring in many new subs if people knew about it. But the fight isn't even advertised on Voom's website.

We all want Voom to succeed so they can grow and improve its service but with its current management I have my doubts. They should be doing something to offset the bad publicity from their billing mistakes and technical difficulties.

DarrellP said:
Especially a Tyson fight. I don't know if I'll watch it even thought it's free. :no

I beg to differ a little. While I am also not a Tyson fan, I think offering a free fight might pull some of those ready to take the plundge to do it before the current offer ends. However, I doubt that they could all get installed by the time of the fight. But I have been in markting for 30 years and the word "FREE" still has magic.

vurbano said:
dmm,

No one is going to join Voom based on a free fight.

I don't think it's that simple. While it may be true that no one would subcribe just to get this one fight, if someone is on the fence about what satellite/cable provider to get, this could sway their decision. Or if someone with another provider is considering switching to Voom and planning on ordering this event anyway for $45 then this would be a good time to take the plunge. Even if a potential customer couldn't care less about this particular fight or boxing in general, it shows Voom's commitment to bringing HD to its customers. Besides, how hard would it be to put this on their homepage?

Tell you one thing. I do not care much for boxing as a sport but it is in HD I will watch whether is Tyson or unknown fighters. Boxing looks so good in HD that you beg for more when it is done right. Given the past history of the two HD boxing event done by VOOM, I expect the same (don't dissapointment VOOM). Another thing is that you never know who is going to sit in the front seat. Last time we had a lof of fun with a gorgeous lady...You guys know the rest.

I remember we had the chat room open, and that lady in the front row kept bending forward.

I remember when she got up and left and how pissed everyone was in the chat room. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I remember we had the chat room open, and that lady in the front row kept bending forward.

I remember when she got up and left and how pissed everyone was in the chat room. :)

Oh yeah. The one with the Tattoo.

Anyway, won't they show the fight the week after for free like they do on HBO?

This fight is a great gift from VOOM to its subs....I feel that this free fight is a treat for it current subs and a great way to say thanks for subbing to VOOM. And maybe even sorry for all the glitches. Stick with us....we will get better.

Has anyone seen VOOM advertising this fight? I called to order the Starz/Encore Plus Pack and asked the CSR about the fight. She verified that it was indeed free, but also told me something so absurd that it warrants no further mention. Oh well, they have all been very nice and friendly...

If I were in VOOMs marketing department, I would be all over this one!

vinnyv07 said:
This fight is a great gift from VOOM to its subs....I feel that this free fight is a treat for it current subs and a great way to say thanks for subbing to VOOM. And maybe even sorry for all the glitches. Stick with us....we will get better.

I'd rather pay for really good service than get- "we are sorry, freebies".

Does Voom have a train wreck channel? That's alot like watching a Tyson fight.

How about some real PPV? How about a championship bout worth watching? Maybe some UCF or Pride fights.

Voom knows that they are not right by many customers so they are giving away a Tyson Fight?

It's like that hard candy sitting in the jar on your co-workers desk. It's old, skanky and no one wants it.

Just like Mike.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)