its raining new hd 11/14

Status
Please reply by conversation.
so tony, fess up, who's your provider?

You know who it is. If you don't, you haven't been around the boards very long. :)

I was bitching about Dish adding the POS network that is TBS HD. It BLOWS! It does nothing but suck good bandwidth out of the system! :D Even movies that have HD versions out there are in stretch-o-vision! It is a fraud of a channel.

Who my provider is has nothing to do with my comments. If the channel is 99% stretch-o-vision or brurrified zoomvision I want it off the system until they get some real content!

As I stated in my first post, this goes for A&E, History, TNT and TBS!

Show things in OAR or get the hell off my system!

(Yes TBS, A&E and History HD channels are locked out of my receivers. TNT has just enough real HD and stuff I like for me to watch, but I would not miss them 23 hours out of the average day.

Again for those with poor reading comprehention. I did not say I didn't want the new HD channels if they have HD programming. What I did say is if they are mostly stretch-o-vision crap, you can keep them. If they are not, I WANT THEM!

When I was a very young lad, I remember the only the show "in color" was Bonanza. Everything else on NBC was still in b/w. As CBS & ABC came on line, neither had 100% of color programing.

Yes, we weren't paying for it, but my dad certainly paid through the nose for the color TV for one show at the beginning.

I'd rather have the channels in HD as their programing grows, then wait until they start adding programing and I can't get it.

I'm happy with all of this. I'm ready to watch these channels grow.

Yep, the original "In Living Color"

We couldn't afford the new fangled color TV for a while, So we went next door to able to watch our beloved Pack in Superbowl's I & II.

Kinda like today, People come over to my house to able to watch the Pack in HD every weekend.

And guess who alway's gets the first nomination for the dreaded Superbowl party.:hungry:

You know who it is. If you don't, you haven't been around the boards very long. :)

I was bitching about Dish adding the POS network that is TBS HD. It BLOWS! It does nothing but suck good bandwidth out of the system! :D Even movies that have HD versions out there are in stretch-o-vision! It is a fraud of a channel.

Who my provider is has nothing to do with my comments. If the channel is 99% stretch-o-vision or brurrified zoomvision I want it off the system until they get some real content!

(Yes TBS, A&E and History HD channels are locked out of my receivers. TNT has just enough real HD and stuff I like for me to watch, but I would not miss them 23 hours out of the average day.

Again for those with poor reading comprehention. I did not say I didn't want the new HD channels if they have HD programming. What I did say is if they are mostly stretch-o-vision crap, you can keep them. If they are not, I WANT THEM!

Maybe it's not all about what YOU want?

Well there it is,

Satellite broadcasting at it's finest,

Does the same hold true for OTA?

I guess you refuse to watch the local news, or any local production, network and/or syndicated programming not in HD,

How many hours a day does ABC, Fox, CBS, NBC, CW MYTV PBS, provide HD programming?

Step away from the TV and monitor these boards and we'll let you know when it's safe to turn it back on.

Who's fault is it really though that there's little HD programming?

The network's.

It's not their "fault". How much HD did you want them to carry when there wasn't a cable or sat system out there that could carry it until about 60 days ago. Geez, everyone is looking for fault.

Did you miss the baseball playoffs on TBS? Hours and hours of gorgeous HD baseball! :) I do find it annoying that they label all of their programming HD when it isn't, but that doesn't make it a worthless channel.

Did you miss the baseball playoffs on TBS? Hours and hours of gorgeous HD baseball! :) I do find it annoying that they label all of their programming HD when it isn't, but that doesn't make it a worthless channel.

Outside of "LIVE" programming, I don't watch TBS either. as for Tony's other comments about wanting HD content, I agree 100%

Jimbo

Well there it is,

Satellite broadcasting at it's finest,

Does the same hold true for OTA?

I guess you refuse to watch the local news, or any local production, network and/or syndicated programming not in HD,

I REALLY wish people would read the comments they respond to.

In answer to your question--If it's in stretch-o-vision, no, I will not watch it. It littereally turns my stomach. But see, REAL HD channels are about picture quality and not "filling the screen".

Look at my very first post in this thread. Read it and comprehend the question. See, all the channels listed as "real" have SD programming on it (or at least 4x3) but it is in OAR. NOT stretch-o-vision passing as an HD channel with some not even noticing that the picture is so distorted it makes my eyes water!

The statement was, "If it's HD like TNT, History, A&E and TBS is HD, you can keep them."

How many hours a day does ABC, Fox, CBS, NBC, CW MYTV PBS, provide HD programming?

4-6, 3, 5-7, 10, 2, 2, 24

And when they aren't in HD they are in OAR 4x3 with beautiful SD un-stretch-o-vision pictures!

GET IT?

Step away from the TV and monitor these boards and we'll let you know when it's safe to turn it back on.

At least I can understand the comments I read! Look at my comment! NOT ONCE did I pass judgement on these new channels. I can't. I haven't seen them!

I asked a question and made a comment. The rest is YOU reading something into them I never said or intended to say!

The question was answered with "It's a mix"

The original question was:

Is it HD like HD Net, HD Theater, Universal HD?

Or is it HD like A&E, History Channel, TNT and TBS HD?

The rest is in my sig. :)

See ya
Tony

Even if I did watch baseball on TV, which I don't, when is the next HD baseball game on TBS? Should we put up with a channel of 24-7 stretch-o-vision for the next 5 months?

Again, for those who already forgot, I was asking if the new channels were nothing but stretch-o-vision and not OAR!!!!

See ya
Tony

I have noticed that some of the programming on TLC and Animal Planet is zoomed and cropped so that it fills maybe 90% of the width of a 16 x 9 picture. I would prefer OAR, but it is much better than the stretched version.

Even if I did watch baseball on TV, which I don't, when is the next HD baseball game on TBS? Should we put up with a channel of 24-7 stretch-o-vision for the next 5 months?

Again, for those who already forgot, I was asking if the new channels were nothing but stretch-o-vision and not OAR!!!!

See ya
Tony
Hey tony, i know what you were asking, but you should have seen the stand up comedy on tbs last night. You would have been pleased. Most people say that the playoffs were some of the best HD they have seen, and this was right up there with it. Looks promising for the future.

See ya
Tony

If you were just complaining about stretching the image to fill the screen I think almost everyone here would agree with you. I would prefer 4:3 to that as well. It's just that your post came across as if a channel is not HD 24-7 get it off my system. You seemed angry and got some angry responses. I just watch the SD version of the channel if it is stretched cause I can't stand it either.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)