Its snowing... no DISH Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

umass03

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 1, 2008
I live in Coeur d'Alene, ID and we are having another snowstorm and once again I've lost my signal for my SD and HD (two dish set-up). Technical support says clear the snow off it, great excpet their isn't any snow on it.

Is there something else that can cause this to happen? I have dealt with heavy rain, thunderstorms, wind, etc... and never lost picture but now it seems flurries makes it go out!:mad:

I'd also check to make sure there's no building of ice on the dish or the white cover on the LNB's.

Have you checked your signal strength in clear weather and snowy weather? That should tell you if the snowstorm is causing the outage. Maybe your dish shifted slightly and needs a small re-adjustment for better reception. Good luck.

Thanks for all the input. There was no snow on either DISH but I did find a small layer of ice so I got that off and everything is back to normal.

Guess I was just assuming snow would be the issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)