It's that time of year again, upcoming price changes.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
As usual I don't know anything other than the info posted. Treat it as a rumor until dish publicly announces it.

upload_2018-12-15_5-49-50.png

upload_2018-12-15_5-50-47.png

upload_2018-12-15_5-51-30.png

upload_2018-12-15_5-52-22.png

hmm welcome pack price increase 3 dollars to 25.99 or 27. :)
not bad even if it went to 29 bucks its still not bad.
i pay 23 now plus 3 for encore 3 for heartland.
so increase is not bad. ' i pay 23 for welcome pack now.
to me welcome pack is good. great basic package, with ability to add other packages on side

peace and happy holidays to all

Reactions: TheKrell
I am guessing that means the locals will stay at $12.00. I liked how it was done last year with the $3 increase to the base pack and the $2 increase to locals to see more of the breakout and remove the locals if we didn't want them. And I see the monthly univision credit goes away - definitely looks like Dish is done dealing with them.

Who is eligible for these two year offers. I am out of contract but would sign up for another two years to save $20 a month especially since I am not swapping anyway.
2year.png

Hurry up and sign up with Fios you are at least guaranteed a 2 year price lock. Dish subscribers or going down and Profits Going up

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

hmm welcome pack price increase 3 dollars to 25.99 or 27. :)
not bad even if it went to 29 bucks its still not bad.
i pay 23 now plus 3 for encore 3 for heartland.
so increase is not bad. ' i pay 23 for welcome pack now.
to me welcome pack is good. great basic package, with ability to add other packages on side

peace and happy holidays to all

That's a 13% price increase, or 30.4% price increase for the new subs. The annual inflation rate is only 2.2%. Wow.

I figure if I lock it in for another 2 years, by then there will be more streaming options. Right now, there aren't to get everything I want. Sling doesn't have anything like AT250 or no one else does.

Reactions: TheKrell
So, if I switch to the Welcome Pack before 1/15/19, I save $4/month? I was planing to switch when my contract is up in September, so I do not lose my equipment and other promo discounts, but it may make sense to switch before there is a $4 penalty for waiting. I'll have to run the numbers.

Reactions: pattykay
That's a 13% price increase, or 30.4% price increase for the new subs. The annual inflation rate is only 2.2%. Wow.
Keep in mind the only "new" subs to Welcome Pack will be existing subs who switch from a higher-priced package after 1/15/2019. Welcome Pack is not available to brand-new subs. So, people who switch to Welcome Pack would still be saving money, just not as much as the grandfathered Welcome Pack subscribers are saving.

For what it's worth, I am now glad that I did not get the two-year price-lock for Flex Pack. That would have made it a difficult decision whether to stick with Flex Pack (and lose the potential $4 per month discount on Welcome Pack) or switch to Welcome Pack before 1/15/2019, and lose the price-lock promo. Now, with a $3 per month increase to Flex Pack coming (and I had always planned to switch back to Welcome Pack after the Flex Pack discounts ended, anyway) that makes it an easier decision to go ahead and switch now, and save some serious money on my Dish bill right away. (My $10 per month for 12 months credits are not tied to Flex Pack, so I assume I would keep getting those after switching to Welcome Pack.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)