It's that time of year again!

primestar31

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Beta Omicron Delta III
Just had problems receiving the vertical WEIGEL channels on 101W. Got the "unable to tune" error on my Mio. Finally went out to the dish, and noticed the C1-PLL cap came off the LNBF. Got out the ladder, looked up in there, and sure enough, had a wasp nest in there stuck to the vertical probe. Got it all cleaned off, checked for signal, GOOD. Put a little rubber cement on each side of the cap, and snapped it back in.

IF you don't have a cap on your lnb/lnbf's, better make sure you don't have any visitors. It can make a real mess.

Those blue caps that come with the Titanium LNBF's don't stay on very well. I've had to use some electrical tape to try to keep it on better. We'll see after the next wind storm. But you're right about the wasp nests inside the feedhorn.

Reactions: primestar31
I've used a thin bead of silicone caulk around the outside rim of the cap and then pressed it into place, never had one fall off after that. Then again I use silicone caulk the way some people use duct tape - it is my go-to fix for a lot of things! Not for the very impatient, though, since it takes a little bit of time to cure.

If anyone has lost a cap then you might be able to fashion one out of a thin piece of flat plastic (for example the lid off a round oatmeal box) and hold it in place with tape or silicone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)