It's too late for Blu Ray

I dont see myself ever downloading to flash memory unless I could keep the movie forever on a hard drive.

As long as people still want an all-in-one device to play their massive collections of CDs and DVDs they've accumulated over the years, HD video disc players will flourish as prices come down. It will take a good 10-15 years until most consumers are ready to abandon the disc-player concept, particularly anyone over the age of 35. :D

Memory storage is far to volatile a format to even consider using for archiving purposes, and people want their movies to last. I believe a scientist at THX is a little out of touch with the average consumer.

Yep. No support for it other than a SWAG. Up against studies and investments done by how many CE companies?

But let's shoot the messenger anyway! ;)

Memory storage is far to volatile a format to even consider using for archiving purposes, and people want their movies to last. I believe a scientist at THX is a little out of touch with the average consumer.

Let's be sure to let the Ipod/MP3 crowd know that it's far to volatile a format to even consider.

Let's be sure to let the Ipod/MP3 crowd know that it's far to volatile a format to even consider.

And most of them are smart enough to archive anything they want to keep to another medium. They don't have to be told. they already know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)