iTunes files xfer from PC to Mac

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Copy the directory that has all your music to an external hard drive. Then drag all the music into a folder into your desktop on your mac.

Now open itunes and tell it to import the songs from the folder on your desktop and boom your done.

Dont forget to deactive itunes on the old PC when your done. :)

Simple enough. Thanks. One more question. That will do the art work as well? Ok, I lied. Heres another question. What would be the esiest way to add the art work to albums that has it missing. For what ever reason I have several that iTunes will not find and install.

The easiest way is to setup home sharing between the two machines. It will allow you to use iTunes to copy all of the data between the Mac and PC. This is the method that I use instead of coping the directory manually. I like this as when items are added to the one they are easily synced to the other without much work.

Scott Greczkowski said:
And for the missing artwork I used a product called TuneUp. (It was $30 but worth it.)
Those commercials look like they didn't spend much more than they charge to find your artwork and song metadata.

The artwork should be in the music file, at least it is on the Mac. Some artwork can be downloaded from iTunes by going to the Advanced menu and selecting "Get Album Artwork". If iTunes doesn't have it, I've had good success using Google Image search to find an image that someone has posted of the album. Then i get a usable copy by snipping the displayed image using Command-Shift-4 and selecting the cover. After highlighting your song(s), you can drag the artwork file from your desktop into the Drag Artwork Here area in the iTunes window.

The easiest way is to setup home sharing between the two machines. It will allow you to use iTunes to copy all of the data between the Mac and PC. This is the method that I use instead of coping the directory manually. I like this as when items are added to the one they are easily synced to the other without much work.
That is exactly what I do.

The last word would be to remind everyone about Target Disk Mode (hold down the "T" key when rebooting) and your target Mac mounts as an external disk drive through Firewire. Depending on which model you have it might be the fastest transfer rate (up to 800 Mbps). This won't help going from a PC to a Mac, though, but if you're migrating to a new Mac it's one way to keep in mind.

Edit: Cool! Assuming I one day get another Thunderbolt Mac, I was able to bring my MacBook Air up in Thunderbolt Target Disk mode! 10 Gbps baby! :D

($50 Thunderbolt cable... :()

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts