ITV Weather

Jim S. said:
The web page is http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/itv/index.shtml, although the portion announcing the weather feature is accompanied by a graphic that doesn't exist, and the list of ITV-capable receivers at the bottom of the page doesn't include any of the ViP models.

When I saw this ad for the first time on Dish's website, I didn't see the graphic either. But now it's there. Who knows. Maybe that's a good sign.

When they get this active, it will be one of those things that me and many other people have wished for. I just hope they updated it often. If not then at least it's a start that they can improve upon and that its better than nothing.

weather

Stargazer said:
When they get this active, it will be one of those things that me and many other people have wished for. I just hope they updated it often. If not then at least it's a start that they can improve upon and that its better than nothing.

i agree with you 100% and can't wait to see this pop up for the first time.

I have emailed DISH several times over the past couple of years telling them that their ITV weather application with accuweather.com sucked. Finally perhaps they have seen the light:eureka

gjh3260 said:
so does anyone know what receivers this will and wont work on ? I have the 211.

Dish's website does not specify. It just says "Not available on some receiver models " as a footnote. I have the 625 and I hope it gets it.

I talked to dish today on the live chat and it says "Comming soon" if you look at the website, and they said they have no infromation about it.

This is scheduled to launch tommorow however the launch is "Tenative"

However some receivers need a software update to get it such as the 921 and 811. This software is scheduled to go out on Thursday.

I think the statement "Not available on ANY receiver models" is more accurate. It should say "Coming Soon" instead of them acting like it is a new feature.

Dish has a live chat now (like ebay does) from their website? That is news to me. Which receivers are going to get this feature first or will all of them get it on the launch date?

Stargazer said:
I think the statement "Not available on ANY receiver models" is more accurate. It should say "Coming Soon" instead of them acting like it is a new feature.

It does say "Comming Soon"

well I guess scott the launch was cancelled. I would take a guess and say that it will be tomorrow, since we have had basically NO uplink info, the reelz channel was not launched today, and that you said that some software was being released tomorrow.

It did not say "coming soon" when the link was first posted on this site. They just said that it may not be available on all receivers. Someone at Dish Network changed it after realizing the mistake that they have made.

Stargazer said:
It did not say "coming soon" when the link was first posted on this site. They just said that it may not be available on all receivers. Someone at Dish Network changed it after realizing the mistake that they have made.

I thought the same thing but dish is like, nope its always said that. Then, I was like why is it in the whats new lol

It doesn't work for me.I have a 301 reciever.I will soon also have either a 501,508or 510 reciever as I upgraded to dvr today.I hope it will be available on all of these.

Still don't think its available on any of them yet ...
Anyone heard anything ? I have emailed a few addresses at E* with no reply to any of them yet. I love the way they invite emails only to go ahead and totally ignore them anyway. Amazing how some of these companies are still in business at all.

I know what me and others read. So is Dish Network calling us liars? So they dont want to own up to that small error? At least we know it is coming.