I've come to the conclusion...

xterra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
iceland
I've come to the conclusion that my old dual tuner 622(if I remember right) had a way better picture than this new dual 922 reciever I have. Watching this since November it's really fuzzy. Even my wife out of the blue said the same thing..and thats pretty rare. Maybe I'll have to break down and get the hopper.

922 should have a better picture than 622. Are you using a different input or type (HDMI/Component?)

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I'm using the HDMI output. I also checked the settings and it's still set to 1080i. I just bought a 51" plasma smart TV, I don't think it's that. Hmm..maybe I need glasses...lol

Fuzzy and Plasma...no such thing if all settings are correct. As asked before, are you hooked up with HDMI, or at least component?

The 922 has the same chipset as the 722k and to this day my 722k looks just as crisp and clear as Hopper/Joey. Btw OP said he's using HDMI.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

OP, go into the settings. Set it to 480I. Get out of the settings. I recommend resetting the receiver by unplugging it. Once back up and running, go back in and reset it to 1080I. There have been reports they thought it was on 1080I, it said 1080I, but it was not.

Just from my observations, I see the same shows cary from week to week. I think part of this is these variable rate encoders, part of what you end up with PQ wise depends on everything going on with that TP at the same time. Just my SWAG.

Ive come to the point where I do not get my panties in a bunch over HD broadcast PQ. Some shows even on good channels are shot to look like crap. I make sure I have good gear, record as much OTA as possible and save my PQ gripes for blu-rays :)

As far as checking what the box is doing, ive you have any decent AVR or just hit the info button on your tv remote, it will tell you incoming resolution.

My Denon reports 1080i/60 ycbcr 444 from the Hopper.

I got the plasma last year, and the 922 in November. Thanks for all the info. Maybe it's just me..I 've had pretty good luck with the 922 sling. Gotta love electronics. :)

Just from my observations, I see the same shows cary from week to week. I think part of this is these variable rate encoders, part of what you end up with PQ wise depends on everything going on with that TP at the same time. Just my SWAG.

Ive come to the point where I do not get my panties in a bunch over HD broadcast PQ. Some shows even on good channels are shot to look like crap. I make sure I have good gear, record as much OTA as possible and save my PQ gripes for blu-rays :)

As far as checking what the box is doing, ive you have any decent AVR or just hit the info button on your tv remote, it will tell you incoming resolution.

My Denon reports 1080i/60 ycbcr 444 from the Hopper.

I agree with you. Especially prevalent on my locals. One week say "Mike and Molly" for example will look great and the next it seems a bit fuzzy.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Well just bit the bullet, signed up for the hopper. Coming out April 6 to hook it up, can't wait. Hope you guys are right about the hopper!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)