I've done everything I can with Dish Net, and they just don’t understand. What now?

Me: I am tired of paying my dish network bill, it's not right for you to send me one the same time month after month, I have other bills to pay

Chuck @ CEO: go take a hike
Yeah, that's not even a fair comparison. Everybody knows the bills will come, there's no way out of that. But when you're lied to about the equipment and two weeks later the equipment you requested is available, there's a reason to be pissy. I'm sure the CSR knew there was going to be a black HD-DVR releasing soon. Hell, they're showcased at various tech shows months before they are available to subscribers so there's no reason why the CSRs shouldn't know about them. I'm sure if you were in my shoes you would have been pissed too. The important thing is that the CEO office was in my favor and agreed to replace my 622. They could have easily denied my request and left it at that but they realized I was lied to so they did the right thing. Now my eyes aren't drawn to a silver DVR sitting amongst a black TV, DVD player, and audio receiver, instead of watching the Dish programming.

besides something as simple as swapping out a dvr prob will pay off for dish in you being a satisfied customer and paying bill for at least two years.

Sometimes you just have to talk to the correct person to get things done.

Thus is why you should NEVER (see that word? let me repeat it - N E V E R)

BUY the receiver, BUY the dish/LNB and install it yourself.

It can be hard to locate someone selling the receivers due to Dish spamming the internet with ten million crappy little websites, but they do they do exist.

Yeah, that's not even a fair comparison. Everybody knows the bills will come, there's no way out of that. But when you're lied to about the equipment and two weeks later the equipment you requested is available, there's a reason to be pissy. I'm sure the CSR knew there was going to be a black HD-DVR releasing soon. Hell, they're showcased at various tech shows months before they are available to subscribers so there's no reason why the CSRs shouldn't know about them. I'm sure if you were in my shoes you would have been pissed too. The important thing is that the CEO office was in my favor and agreed to replace my 622. They could have easily denied my request and left it at that but they realized I was lied to so they did the right thing. Now my eyes aren't drawn to a silver DVR sitting amongst a black TV, DVD player, and audio receiver, instead of watching the Dish programming.

I agree, it's not a fair comparision, if you read these forums long enough about what people write to CEO or the fact that I've put in hundreds of systems and there's been a few that just expect something for nothing, you might see what I've seen...however as in your case it's outright understandable, you made it clear from the time of signup what your needs were.

I don't know if you signed up direct with dish, such as suckfreetv.com or dishtv.com or even dishnetwork.com (all three are dish direct) or a 3rd party, point is DISH CSRs are usually the last people to find out anything, they may not come to the forums to stay on top of the game, they are the last to find out. I can say this from experience, dish has a poor poor communication channel between their own, rather sad for a communications company. Unless the individual will take the initiative and go on about their own journey to find the stuff out, you will be the last to know... so it's possible the CSR didn't know - you'd be surprised. We'll never know.

Ask a CSR about Dishonline or the enabled ethernet connection for kicks.

That's cool, you got your 722. You'll be one of the first to get Dishonline when it comes about. :up

It can be hard to locate someone selling the receivers due to Dish spamming the internet with ten million crappy little websites, but they do they do exist.

???

What are you talking about?

There are reputable stores that support this forum you can buy from every day of the week.

10 million crappy websites FROM DISH? Don't think so.

???

What are you talking about?

There are reputable stores that support this forum you can buy from every day of the week.

10 million crappy websites FROM DISH? Don't think so.

What I meant was, go to google and do a search trying to simply buy a Dish receiver.

I tried it out just, and surprisingly, it was now easy.
When I was last in the market for a new receiver Dish was runnning a scheme allowing people to set up websites (Dish did all the work) with their name, and all they had to do was sit back and collect a minute sum for each subscription sold via "their" website.

There were thousands of them. Seems like Dish have moved on to other selling methods now.

Yes, I know about the stores associated with this site, and even buy from them from time to time :)

My point was how really hard it (used to be) to find a website for a dealer who sold equipment rather than simply subscriptions and rented equipment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)