I've done it again , scanning duplicates and incorrect freq

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jayelem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 5, 2006
Chicago suburbs.
Anyone willing to give the quick tutorial on why my stb is scanning duplicate channels , what I noticed was that during the blindscan channels were being scanned twice and that the frequencies were 1000 apart so I was getting crazy numbers like 10.874 and then later it would scan in again but at 11.874.

I just noticed this recently while scanning (the old IA-5) , and this has happened before on other birds ...... I thought it was a fluke but I see it happening more often.

I never had this happen when I had my Universal LNB , I did swap it out with a standard so maybe I messed up the settings somehow.

In the receiver, you need to change the LNB setting to "Standard" with LO at "10750"

You know what I had originally done on my Coolsat 5000 , I toggled between Frequencies on UNIVERSAL and got the green using 10750.

I was looking at other LNB options and then went to SINGLE , started to toggle thru all the frequencies option until I hit 10750 .... Got the green quality signal bar again and saved settings.

I then went to blind search and everything went well , so that seemed to be the problem .

Honestly because I had used an Universal LNB for close to 2 years using the CS5K I never had that happen unless I happened to scan a circular bird , I've been using the standard LNB for about 4 months because I was slaving the DSR 905 sidecar , now that my subs are moving to W5 and I let my subsrciption expire I'm going back to my Universal ......... I miss not scanning some of the Atlantic sats.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts