I've "moved" but want to add receivers...

ghostyroastytoasty

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 24, 2005
Beckley, WV
Is there any way to do this through dish'n it up? It seems to be a cheap way to do it... I was thinking about calling and having them ship it to my billing address instead of my "physical" location. It would be a HD dvr and it didn't have the shipped option on the page of options.. the regular hd receiver had the price installed and shipped... Let me know of any options I may have.
Thanks!

I don't think you can get an HDDVR without installation. By dodging the rules, you've painted yourself into a corner. Maybe you can find a retailer who will bend the rules - good luck.

Just tell them everything must go through your billing address

might want to be careful-- I tried that once and they shipped it by mistake to my "service address"

Fortunately for me I had used a friends address plus an apartment letter so my friend called me when the unexpected package arrived.

Move back home, then move again...

I've had to do this and it is a pain in that I feel like I'm being deceitful and they know it (which I am and they do) - but in the end you get the new receiver and all goes back to normal....

..and if it ever didn't work out, I keep a D* flyer in my desk drawer. ;)

might want to be careful-- I tried that once and they shipped it by mistake to my "service address"

Fortunately for me I had used a friends address plus an apartment letter so my friend called me when the unexpected package arrived.

They did the same thing to me. I requested the receiver be shipped to billing address yet it was still shipped to service address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)