I've signed upwith directtv!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
Heya all you direct tv users!

I just signed up with Direct and equipment and install is sometime next week!

I took advantage of the free HD receiver after rebate,and was wondering if anyone who is or has a Direct HD receiver what type of connections are on the receiver,and what all programs there are for HD,and also I know my locals are available,but will they be part of the HD package or will I have to purchase an antenna?

Thanx in advance for any help!

Regards
ST*

Thanx! I found the manual section,but of course I have no idea what model HD the company I purchased it from is sending me..I failed to realize there was more than one model.

Stalker said:
Thanx! I found the manual section,but of course I have no idea what model HD the company I purchased it from is sending me..I failed to realize there was more than one model.

It will most likely be an H10 or an H20

BigTVG said:
It will most likely be an H10 or an H20

it will only be an H20 unless for some reason the local install company still has h-10's on hand. all new installs are required to be done with an h-20 to prevent a flood of upgrades when hd-lil comes to town. you should also be getting the at9 dish if ur stup to be installed after feb5/6 if you dont, i would point that out to the installer. since its commond knoledge around here that the word from directv was to install those only, again for the same reasons for the h20

Last edited:
Hi
I have just had a HR10-250 installed. With our old TIVO, it was set to get the
DT picture in two bedrooms from the family room. The installer said he can't set the new receiver to send them to the bedrooms. Did he know what he was talking about or just to lazy to fix it?. Any help would be appreacted.

JJSully

Stalker said:
,and what all programs there are for HD,and also I know my locals are available,but will they be part of the HD package or will I have to purchase an antenna?

You don't have to buy the HD package for HD locals under any circumstance. Depending on where you are, you may get the big 4 networks in mpeg4 but in any case if you want wb/upn/pbs, you will need OTA for those 3 HD channels.

Most networks run HD stuff in prime time plus some sporting events.

Then of course there's that HD package for 11 bucks they have. Their site tells you what channels are included.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)