Iverson rumored trade to the Pistons!

I never ASSUMED anything.

By saying they WOULD have played better, yes, you are assuming. Ok, I will change the words around. You are "under the impression", that the team will have the same drive as years past. You are "under the impression" that there will be no injuries and finally, you are "under the impression", that Curry suddenly becomes Chuck Daly and gets a clue. You are going to think ALL of things was going to happen IF Billups was here....? WOW....if THAT isn't assuming, I do not know what it is....

It was going to be Billups or Hamilton. Billups is whom Denver wanted, and we had Stuckey ready to step up. In a couple of seasons you'll understand why this was the right thing to do.

Exactly! Those two were the ONLY guys of major trade value on the team...and seeing that they were trading PG...and there is a HUGE lack of PG in the league, this made sense.

Allen Iverson's abrupt fall - Why Allen Iverson is still unemployed today.

Source

I don't mean to dredge up old thread, but there is a featured article about Allen Iverson on the Yahoo frontpage that brilliantly summarizes the AI factor and everything that was discussed in this thread:

"Suddenly, Larry Brown is playing clearinghouse for Allen Iverson’s(notes) character and coachability.

The calls from curious front-office executives about Iverson, Brown says, are coming to him. For everything that Charlotte’s coach implies has been misunderstood about A.I.’s disastrous season with the Detroit Pistons, Brown sounds as disingenuous as ever while making the case for the NBA’s most fascinating unsigned free agent.

No one is making calls on Allen Iverson. No one. Why? They all know the answers about The Answer.

If your team’s a contender, Iverson proved with the Pistons that he wants no part of fitting into a system. If you’re a bad team trying to develop young players, he’ll stunt growth. Here’s the problem: Iverson is just good enough to still be dangerous.

So why would they call someone who worked with him six years ago, when he was a different player in a different time? As believability goes, this is like Brown’s boy wonder, John Calipari, pitching the NCAA that he had nothing

Here’s why it’s so hard to believe Brown: How many calls have gone to Iverson’s most recent employer, one of the basketball’s most respected front offices?

“Not one,” a Pistons front-office source said.

No one has called the Pistons because there’s no mystery about Iverson. This has to be one of the most fascinating falls in modern NBA history – a $20 million-a-year player spiraling this fast without an injury, an arrest, something. He was still popular enough that fans voted him as a starter in the 2009 NBA All-Star Game. Now he’ll be fortunate to get three of the worst franchises in the NBA – Charlotte, Memphis and the Los Angeles Clippers – to offer him a modest, one-year contract.

Full Story

Source

I don't mean to dredge up old thread, but there is a featured article about Allen Iverson on the Yahoo frontpage that brilliantly summarizes the AI factor and everything that was discussed in this thread:

"Suddenly, Larry Brown is playing clearinghouse for Allen Iverson’s(notes) character and coachability.

The calls from curious front-office executives about Iverson, Brown says, are coming to him. For everything that Charlotte’s coach implies has been misunderstood about A.I.’s disastrous season with the Detroit Pistons, Brown sounds as disingenuous as ever while making the case for the NBA’s most fascinating unsigned free agent.

No one is making calls on Allen Iverson. No one. Why? They all know the answers about The Answer.

If your team’s a contender, Iverson proved with the Pistons that he wants no part of fitting into a system. If you’re a bad team trying to develop young players, he’ll stunt growth. Here’s the problem: Iverson is just good enough to still be dangerous.

So why would they call someone who worked with him six years ago, when he was a different player in a different time? As believability goes, this is like Brown’s boy wonder, John Calipari, pitching the NCAA that he had nothing

Here’s why it’s so hard to believe Brown: How many calls have gone to Iverson’s most recent employer, one of the basketball’s most respected front offices?

“Not one,” a Pistons front-office source said.

No one has called the Pistons because there’s no mystery about Iverson. This has to be one of the most fascinating falls in modern NBA history – a $20 million-a-year player spiraling this fast without an injury, an arrest, something. He was still popular enough that fans voted him as a starter in the 2009 NBA All-Star Game. Now he’ll be fortunate to get three of the worst franchises in the NBA – Charlotte, Memphis and the Los Angeles Clippers – to offer him a modest, one-year contract.

Full Story

Good read but this reporter is off. WHAT would Larry Brown have to gain by lying? I mean the team he coaches is so desperate for money, I highly doubt they will offer AI more than HALF of the mid level exception.

Good read but this reporter is off. WHAT would Larry Brown have to gain by lying? I mean the team he coaches is so desperate for money, I highly doubt they will offer AI more than HALF of the mid level exception.
To me, Larry Brown is a amible character but tough nut (heavy emphasis on "nut") to crack...he fit in very at Detroit, yet he keeps his bags packed and never seems content to be in anyplace more than a year or two. I think that's why AI and LB get along so well. Go figure!

I feel sorry for whoever ends up with Iverson. I grew up a couple miles from the bowling alley where he and his posse beat people with chairs. He is scum, an ex convict from the City Farm and always has been.

I feel sorry for the pistons.
I felt extremely bad when they traded-away Billups, and even worse when they acquired AI. I actully feel much better for the Piston now that they've severed their relationship with Iverson and acquired Ben Wallace for the upcoming season. The Piston's still need to improve, but I think B. Wallace will be a good utility player and they'll pick-up another player or two going into the fall.