Iverson rumored trade to the Pistons!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Personally, Allen's attitude has not been a distraction....his absolutely terrible play has. ALSO throw in the fact that Curry is clueless and the team has gotten old ALOT faster than everyone expected....and you have the perfect recipe for a disaster......a.i. ...uh....i.e....200-8-2009 season.

I disagree,
If Billips was still here, we'd all be talking about how far the Pistons will go in the playoffs, Conference finals or more.

Bullips had "IT", he's one of the few that didn't have it when he was in his trip arouind the league, but when he got to Detroit, he found it.

I wonder who it was that helped him most when he got to Detroit, because he sure got alot better.

Jimbo

I had to go along way to find this.

Iverson finally blew up in Detroit. He claims that he will retire rather than come off the bench. Well he can retire for the last 10 games (or less) that we have left. He was upset over the 18 minutes of playing time he got the other night. That's nice. I was upset over the stinking 1-8 shooting performance he gave! We are 2 games from being out of the playoffs, and I for one am hoping they miss. I would rather have a lottery pick then be first round fodder for Cleveland. Besides I want Iverson to save that aching back for whoever is stupid enough to sign him next season. He has disappointed me the whole second half of the season, and I have no tolerance for players who put themselves in front of the team.

You know, AI - you might have got more minutes that night if you could just put the ball in the hole!

Anyhow the reason for pulling up this dead thread, was to admit that AI's detractors were right. But not completely, he waited until the end of the season.

BYE, BYE AI.

I wish Sandra was still around. Salsa owes her a BIG TIME apology. :)

In other news, Chauncey Billups and the Denver Nuggets have now won 5 in a row and are close to locking up the #2 overall seed in the West!

This trade sure as helped out 1 party as much as it hurt the other.

I wish Sandra was still around. Salsa owes her a BIG TIME apology. :)

WHAT apology do I owe here? IF you read back in this thread...go ahead and do it....I NEVER said that this was some GREAT trade for the Pistons. I disagreed with her that Iverson was a better player than Billups.....PERIOD.

I disagree,
If Billips was still here, we'd all be talking about how far the Pistons will go in the playoffs, Conference finals or more.

Bullips had "IT", he's one of the few that didn't have it when he was in his trip arouind the league, but when he got to Detroit, he found it.

I wonder who it was that helped him most when he got to Detroit, because he sure got alot better.

Jimbo

I am glad you disagree. BUT you are ASSUMING that the rest of the team would have played BETTER...you are ASSUMING there would be NO INJURIES and you are ASSUMING that Curry would have coached the team better.....??!!

THAT my friend is ALOT of assumptions.....:rolleyes:

I fBillups was still here we would be a #4 seed and we would be out in the second round. And evryone would be yelling that Dumars hung on to this team too long. I said that 2 seasons ago. So lets look where they can be at the end of this season. If they miss the playoffs, they get a lottery pick. The last one ended up being the #2 pick in the draft. (Please, no Darko diatribes, I've heard them all.) They pick up $22M in cap space when AI walks. They pick up another $14M, letting Rasheed walk. They also pick up a little more cap space if they don't resign McDyess.

Now lets talk about what the Pistons need. FRONTCOURT help! With a lottery pick and all that cap space, I believe Dumars can find three new front court players over the next two seasons. Instant rebuilding, and title contention again. We have the PG of the future here already as well as Hamilton and Prince, and some nice role players in Maxiell, Johnson, Hermann, Afflalo, and Bynum.

The future is looking very bright if Dumars makes the right decisions.

I fBillups was still here we would be a #4 seed and we would be out in the second round. And evryone would be yelling that Dumars hung on to this team too long. I said that 2 seasons ago. So lets look where they can be at the end of this season. If they miss the playoffs, they get a lottery pick. The last one ended up being the #2 pick in the draft. (Please, no Darko diatribes, I've heard them all.) They pick up $22M in cap space when AI walks. They pick up another $14M, letting Rasheed walk. They also pick up a little more cap space if they don't resign McDyess.

Now lets talk about what the Pistons need. FRONTCOURT help! With a lottery pick and all that cap space, I believe Dumars can find three new front court players over the next two seasons. Instant rebuilding, and title contention again. We have the PG of the future here already as well as Hamilton and Prince, and some nice role players in Maxiell, Johnson, Hermann, Afflalo, and Bynum.

I can see a player similar to UConn's Hasheem Thabeet being a good fit for Detroit, if he's available when you pick.

Dude's a 7'3", 263lb, shot blocking machine. And he's only 22! LAWDY!

I knew Iverson would destroy this team, but you guys overlook the two other attitudes on this team that hurt them and have for years..Rasheed, Good byw finally..Hamilton, is just as much of a locker room cancer then either of them, the only difference is we are used to it..When they win anyway.

Ill be glad to see Iverson and Wallace gone, and would love to deal Rip for someone who is stronger..

We won't and I can deal with that as long as they put some better less selfish and more hungry players around him. There will certainly be a ton of money coming off the books when this disappointing season is over. Might want to get a new coach too, Curry is in way over his head to take on a championship team like this..Well former championship team, but you get my point.

I knew Iverson would destroy this team, but you guys overlook the two other attitudes on this team that hurt them and have for years..Rasheed, Good byw finally..Hamilton, is just as much of a locker room cancer then either of them, the only difference is we are used to it..When they win anyway.

Ill be glad to see Iverson and Wallace gone, and would love to deal Rip for someone who is stronger..

We won't and I can deal with that as long as they put some better less selfish and more hungry players around him. There will certainly be a ton of money coming off the books when this disappointing season is over. Might want to get a new coach too, Curry is in way over his head to take on a championship team like this..Well former championship team, but you get my point.

ATTITUDE did not destroy the team. The team was getting old fast and Iverson's terrible play and Curry being lost made matters worse. The ONLY clubhouse issues that have come out so far was the initial "practice" incident and the last thing about crying for coming off the bench. WHAT HAPPENED inbetween that time? The team played terrible and the coach had no clue how to use his roster....NO attitude.

I agree. AI wasn't a "club house" problem, until now. with 7 games remaining, who cares? The problem was Curry not knowing how to use him. I'm not so sure there is a way to use him here, he won't come off the bench, and Detroit had to let Stuckey play. After all Stuckey is the future of this team. I do agree that Currey will not be here for long. His substitution pattern has had me scratching my head all season.

Paul,

Except for the AI fan club, most of us saw this coming. As I said months ago, I would rather have kept Billups this season and watched the Pistons field a competitive #3 team in the East instead of trying to hold onto the #8 position. This would have been the prudent and wise move! Additionally, the Pistons could have tried to trade McDyess and Wallace as the season progressed.

This will go down as one of the Piston's all-time WORST trades; AI = Black Eye!

Anyway, I hope you're right about the Salary Cap...but there are plenty of overpaid turds in the league and very few players like Chauncey Billups.

Good luck to the Denver Nuggest in the Playoffs...I have no doubt they will make it to the Western Conference Finals.

We all can think what we want. I am one that thinks all 3 of them have always been club house problems, hence the only title was with LB in charge..There has yet to be a coach that can deal with all of these guys since him. If he had stayed they would have one more.

I do not care what they say, and what IVerson said/says and when he says it..He is a cancer and has been for his whole career, Just because you don't hear everything does not make you right and me wrong..Trust me Rip and Rasheed are problems..

The techs they get, and have gotten at critcal times over the past 5 seasons should tell you all you need to know. Tired? Old? Please...How about no heart??? Come on these guys have played with no heart this season, there is plenty of talent on this team to be better then barely making the playoffs..Maybe not to win it all, although I would suggest there is, but these are a bunch of guys that have just run their course in Detroit, thank god two of them are headed out of town..

I wish Rasheed had actually reached the talent level he actually posesses, and played the right way all the time..What a friggin waste.

Paul,

Except for the AI fan club, most of us saw this coming. As I said months ago, I would rather have kept Billups this season and watched the Pistons field a competitive #3 team in the East instead of trying to hold onto the #8 position. This would have been the prudent and wise move! Additionally, the Pistons could have tried to trade McDyess and Wallace as the season progressed.

This will go down as one of the Piston's all-time WORST trades; AI = Black Eye!

Anyway, I hope you're right about the Salary Cap...but there are plenty of overpaid turds in the league and very few players like Chauncey Billups.

Good luck to the Denver Nuggest in the Playoffs...I have no doubt they will make it to the Western Conference Finals.

There was no way we would be a #3 seed. We would have to win the division in order to be in the top 3. No way that was happening even with Billups. I loved Billups, but this team has needed to retool since 2 seasons ago.

We all can think what we want. I am one that thinks all 3 of them have always been club house problems, hence the only title was with LB in charge..There has yet to be a coach that can deal with all of these guys since him. If he had stayed they would have one more.

I do not care what they say, and what IVerson said/says and when he says it..He is a cancer and has been for his whole career, Just because you don't hear everything does not make you right and me wrong..Trust me Rip and Rasheed are problems..

The techs they get, and have gotten at critcal times over the past 5 seasons should tell you all you need to know. Tired? Old? Please...How about no heart??? Come on these guys have played with no heart this season, there is plenty of talent on this team to be better then barely making the playoffs..Maybe not to win it all, although I would suggest there is, but these are a bunch of guys that have just run their course in Detroit, thank god two of them are headed out of town..

I wish Rasheed had actually reached the talent level he actually posesses, and played the right way all the time..What a friggin waste.

Contrary to what other think of whether I am a fan of Iverson, yes, he is a pain in the ass....but that is not why the team sucked. The WHOLE team played terrible...again, his attitude did not make him nor the team suck.

WAY too many assuptions as to how good or how bad the Pistons would be with or without him. He played bad and the team played worse.

I am glad you disagree. BUT you are ASSUMING that the rest of the team would have played BETTER...you are ASSUMING there would be NO INJURIES and you are ASSUMING that Curry would have coached the team better.....??!!

THAT my friend is ALOT of assumptions.....:rolleyes:

I never ASSUMED anything.

Contrary to what other think of whether I am a fan of Iverson, yes, he is a pain in the ass....but that is not why the team sucked. The WHOLE team played terrible...again, his attitude did not make him nor the team suck.

WAY too many assuptions as to how good or how bad the Pistons would be with or without him. He played bad and the team played worse.

You don't think the team would have played better with Chauncy ?
I think he was the leader on the team, when he played well they all played well, they followed his play, NO ONE stepped up to take his place this year.

This team has been hanging on for several years now .... they had to start moving players sooner or later, I just never expected it to be thier BEST player.
I don't see Rip as being the problem, but I don't watch as closely as some of you guys.

You don't think the team would have played better with Chauncy ?
I think he was the leader on the team, when he played well they all played well, they followed his play, NO ONE stepped up to take his place this year.

This team has been hanging on for several years now .... they had to start moving players sooner or later, I just never expected it to be thier BEST player.
I don't see Rip as being the problem, but I don't watch as closely as some of you guys.

It was going to be Billups or Hamilton. Billups is whom Denver wanted, and we had Stuckey ready to step up. In a couple of seasons you'll understand why this was the right thing to do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts