Japan earthquake wildfeeds

Status
Please reply by conversation.

alebowgm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
Anyone find anything? Whats available out there, both on KU and C Band?

Look at:
121ºW C for news channels (NTN in spanish, Al Jazeera, Russia Today, France24);

97ºW Ku (Al Jazeera, PressTV, Russia Today);

Also there's something going on at 89ºW Ku with NHK being uplinked to be used in America;

News feeds at 91ºW C and Ku;

105ºW C and Ku;

72ºW C and Ku.

SatMex 5 @ 116.8ºW also has news in spanish.

Sorry if I can't give you more detailed info.

The obvious destination is 58W where NHK world can be permanently found in both HD and SD.

That NHK on 58W isn't very good so far, not like it used to be a few months ago. Screen is covered up with native-language notes and maps, and the audio (only one channel) is not what the video is showing. I wasted an hour aiming a dish at it earlier today.
Better stuff on Al jazeeri.

There are supposed to be 2 audio feeds for both SD and HD, 1 in english, 1 in japanesse. I followed their coverage and found it exceptional specially when the US and rest of the world networks where saying 1500 death at the begining and was surprised that NHK was reporting less total deaths (go figure who to beleive then, lol). BTW IDK now but NHK World Premium was also ITC (they are usually only ITC for news at around 6pm ET). They are probably parsing video from local japanese tv stations therefore the japanese notes and maps but a tleast they were translating into english yesterday.

83W KU has tons of information on the channel that normally beeps. You won't have any trouble finding it.. it's the only channel other than TUFF and RTV.

83W KU has tons of information on the channel that normally beeps. You won't have any trouble finding it.. it's the only channel other than TUFF and RTV.

Think that is a copy of NHK from 58W. I get 5 channels on 58; three SD and two HD.
4040H26587. Would be easier for west coast to get 83W for sure.
-C.

It was actually better last night after I posted my gripe. The feed I was watching was re-uplinked on 89KU also-the picture quality was better than the c-band feed off 58 on my equipment, which is usually not true. That NHK feed isn't like CNN, evidently, where they are 24hrs live-it just posts messages when the next live show will be aired, and fills during the meantime. When it was re-airing on Al Jazeera on 97 the night of the quake-it was all live then.

It appears that both ABC Galaxy 28 and NBC AMC 9 are using their uplink channels to carry NHK. Very scary stuff. I hope the seawater lets them cool the reactor.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)