Jason Bay 4 Years Later- My Personal Take

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Sometimes, where a player plays can affect how he does. It's funny how things can change over a few years.

Jason Bay, since he signed with the Mets, has hit 18 homers since 2010. To put this in
perspective, with the Red Sox in 2008, he hit 12 home runs in the regular season and playoffs combined.

I first-guessed his decision to sign with the Mets given Citi Field's pitcher-friendliness and hitter-unfriendliness, plus that he left the unbelievably righty-friendly Fenway Park, esp. the Green Monster.

It's fascinating- he went from a punishing hitter in Boston to a guy really struggling to get consistent hits.

Remember 4 years ago when our own BillD1984 had the famous Ode to Jason Bay?

What the hey, I guess it's safe to say that the Red Sox adding Jason Bay to the fray, is already making the opposition pay. The day before Mr. Bay got to Fenway, the Sox were ready to send out a Mayday. We understand that you will be eligible for free agency after 2009, so we pray, Mr. Bay, that you stay and help us beat the Yankees and shut up once and for all that obnoxious, Michael Kay. And thank God, Mr. Bay, that you didn't become an A, Ray, or Blue Jay.

In closing, I hope everyone found my "Ode to Jason Bay" okay......and not too gay!!! 

I've got my own retrospective ode for Mr. Bay:

Hey Mr. Bay, why did you choose CitiField to go play? It's a far cry from hitter-happy Fenway. Your bat is no longer able to make hay.
You used to make AL pitchers pay. Now, looking back, as an all-around LF, compared to what we saw last year from Crawford, there are those that miss when you gave Sox fans a happy day!

Hey Mr. Bay, why did you choose CitiField to go play? It's a far cry from hitter-happy Fenway. Your bat is no longer able to make hay.
You used to make AL pitchers pay. Now, looking back, as an all-around LF, compared to what we saw last year from Crawford, there are those that miss when you gave Sox fans a happy day!

There'd never been a day
where he'd ever seen Fenway
if the Pirates raised his pay
and in Pittsburgh made him stay. ;)

The flowers that bloom in the spring,
Tra la,
Breathe promise of merry sunshine —
As we merrily dance and we sing,
Tra la,
We welcome the hope that they bring,
Tra la,
Of a summer of roses and wine,
Of a summer of roses and wine.
And that's what we mean when we say that a thing
Is welcome as flowers that bloom in the spring.
Tra la la la la,
Tra la la la la,
The flowers that bloom in the spring.

don't worry Bay will be traded as soon as his contract run down abit more or someone need,need a bat! no Met is happy right now with anything!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)