Jeff Jagodzinski speaks with Jets, may lose B.C. gig

OK so if the situations are different or not what we are discussing...then why bring it up as an example?:confused:
I don't know why you're confused, they are two different scenarios.

The buy-out provisions are for when a coach accepts another job when he already has one. He's decided to leave and it's a way to get out of his contract. That's the most common scenario and it fiscally protects the school. In this case though, Jagodzinski only interviewed for the job. If he's fired for doing that he'll most likely get his full pay with benefits.

Not too shabby!!!

“We’re really good friends and this is a very difficult thing to do,” DeFilippo said at a news conference. “We will find somebody who really wants to be at Boston College and will be here for the length of their contract.”

The best way to do that is probably to sign coaches to shorter contracts and offer extensions to coaches deserving of them... :up

Jack Jr and Spaziani the defensive coordinator (I know I killed the spelling of his name.) are the two people Ive heard most often.

Coach Spaz was the interim coach two years ago when BC played in the Car Care Bowl. That's when Tom O'Brien left for NC State.

Jags has worked with both Brett Favre and Matt Ryan, which should make him very attractive to many NFL teams. And he is one of the lowest paid coaches in the ACC. .

Yeah, he makes a lowly $1,500,000 (which is comparable to other ACC coaches with his level of experience) - hard to imagine how he can feed his family on that. Good luck bettering that as an NFL coordinator.

Rumor has it he hated the college scene, from recruiting, to babysitting players academic issues. Doubtful he'd come back even if he could. By getting fired he's likely going to collect at least his base salary. Wouldn't have gotten a dime if he quit. I think he played the AD for a fool.

I don't know why you're confused, they are two different scenarios.

The buy-out provisions are for when a coach accepts another job when he already has one. He's decided to leave and it's a way to get out of his contract. That's the most common scenario and it fiscally protects the school. In this case though, Jagodzinski only interviewed for the job. If he's fired for doing that he'll most likely get his full pay with benefits.

Not too shabby!!!

The best way to do that is probably to sign coaches to shorter contracts and offer extensions to coaches deserving of them... :up

My confusion is....if they were two different scenarios....why did you bring them up if one has nothing to do with the other? I know how they are different...

My confusion is....if they were two different scenarios....why did you bring them up if one has nothing to do with the other? I know how they are different...
I never claimed the buy-out provision was at play here. I only mentioned it as an example because like I said, this is the most common occurance. But, what happened here was a firing without cause which means Jags will still receive most of his remaining salary from the contract.

Either way, from looking at sample HC contracts from top NCAA or pro coaches, there really isn't anything legally tying them to their employers anymore. They can do what Jags did and openly look for a new job and get fired for doing it and still get paid, or they can accept another job offer and buy their way out of their current contract.

I agree 100% with JayStil's earlier comment:

Rumor has it he hated the college scene, from recruiting, to babysitting players academic issues. Doubtful he'd come back even if he could. By getting fired he's likely going to collect at least his base salary. Wouldn't have gotten a dime if he quit. I think he played the AD for a fool.

Why else would he be openly be looking for another job. After all, would you still want a coach who really doesn't want to be there??

OK...YOU win...I don't EVER wanna hear ANYONE bitch about an athlete to "honor your contract" EVER again because he wants more money and wants to renegociate....because that is the ONLY thing this school is asking. He is getting treated well, payed well and he is NO WHERE near a MAJOR program like a USC, tOSU, ND, Alabama or Florida State where the perks are REALLY big!

Don't hold your breath on that one either amigo.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)