Jerry Lewis

SamCdbs

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 7, 2008
Nothing against Mr. Lewis and the MDA charity. AFAIK, they do good work and help people.

Just want to remind the sports fans that both NBC (the golf is running Fri-Mon this week) and CBS (US Open tennis) are carrying sports on Monday.

By my count, the telethon and thus not the golf is on 27 NBC stations, and the telethon, and thus not the tennis is on a whopping 52 CBS stations.

Certainly in some markets the stations will pass the network programming to their -2 stations or to CW or other lesser stations, but many will miss out.

I wish that DBS would simply keep a matrix of this and all such pre-emptions and simply provide the NY feed when a local station does not carry the network.

A&M always has classes on Labor Day, so it's been 20+ years since I've watched the telethon. I didn't realize it, but Jerry Lewis is 84. It's amazing that he is still able to do this. I assume that he still stays awake all of the way through it?

It doesn't seem that long ago that I would watch Sammy Davis Jr. on there.

I am feeling old.......

Here in Boston, the MDA telethon has been on the ABC affiliate (WCVB-TV) for as long as I can remember.

I know it will be on ABC here in town, I have set up the phone lines for the last several years at the local ABC station, except for THIS year, but I talked to the guys that did the other day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts