Jim Calhoun to take medical leave

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

BillD1984

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 9, 2008
MA
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4839919"]Connecticut Huskies coach Jim Calhoun taking medical leave - ESPN[/ame]

I hope Coach Calhoun will be okay!

HARTFORD, Conn. -- Connecticut head coach Jim Calhoun said Tuesday he is taking a medical leave of absence.
"It is my recommendation that Coach Calhoun take a medical leave from his coaching position to address some temporary medical issues, none of which involve any previous medical conditions that he has dealt with," said University of Connecticut Health Center's Peter Schulman, Calhoun's primary care physician.
"Our primary concern is Coach Calhoun's health and his complete recovery," athletic director Jeffrey A. Hathaway: "We will do everything possible to support [Calhoun] during this time."
Associate head coach George Blaney will run the team in the 67-year-old Calhoun's absence.

My thoughts and prayers to the Calhoun family and UConn community.

Coach Calhoun grew up in a neighboring town to me (Braintree, MA), and I met him on a couple of occasions...........the man is a class act!!!!

Last edited:
That thud you heard was me hitting the curb :)
Calhoun seems to have lots of medical issues. He misses games every year. Makes me skeptical that it's nothing. Hope he gets better anyway.

I feel your pain Hancox. UConn seems to be as big a disappointment as Carolina this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts