Jin Pole

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

trommy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2006
Nova Scotia
Here's my Jin Pole.I made a loop in the rope near the ground,placed one end of a tuba in it and jumped up and down on it without any movement/slipage.I didn't allow enough for the long neck at the top of the pole so I'll have to think of something or move the top clamp down about 8".:confused:

Attachments

• 0066.JPG
    0066.JPG
    15 KB · Views: 358
  • 0055.JPG
    0055.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 315
here are a few picture of my gin pole here. got this in 93, and it was the heavy duty alum model that was made at the time, it will lift or lower a 12-solid fiber glass dish with ease. the winch will brake either up or down too, nice for when you need hands free.

the last picture is the finished dish change out.

Attachments

• 100_0170.JPG
    100_0170.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 247
  • 100_0161.JPG
    100_0161.JPG
    741.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 100_0164.JPG
    100_0164.JPG
    890.3 KB · Views: 273
Hi Beano,the top of the post is 14 1/2'.I just went out and measured it 'cause I figured 12' but wasn't sure.
Auric,you're some lucky to have a forklift.I was thinking the other day,it would be nice to have one of those battery,'stand-on-the-back-of' forklifts.
Captain,that is some heavy duty lifter(Sky Crane).That winch is what I should get.I have a spere ATV winch I could use but that would require hooking up a battery everytime.The winch would be more practical.What is the box behind your dish?
today would have been a butiful day to put it up but the DMX741U isn't here yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)