JIP Please RIP

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
JIP became the rule after the infamous Heidi bowl. You may be to young to remember it or may never have heard of it but it happened in 68 .
Heidi Game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was watching that game on TV in my dorm room in Binghamton NY with other Jet's fans. The swearing rivaled that of the year before when the local ABC station cut away from the Winter Olympics just before Jean Cluade Killey's downhill run the to "The Little White Church"!

Right on time.:rolleyes:

If dish would offer HDRSN's in glorious HD all the time, like how Uverse, FIOS, Comcast, Time warner, Charter, Directv, ect... you get my point.. any how if they offered them in 100 percent glorious HD all the time we wouldn't have this problem now would we... The answer is no! I remember Charlie lieing about the HDRSN time frame when I posed the question on one of his last Charlie chats. He basically said June was the time frame they would be on. Glad I didn't hold my breath and I stuck it with Directv! Because with Directv I get every home, ever away, every game, and non game time programming in HD without having to question my programming guide. Its simply there. No muss... No Fuss... No worries!!!

Right on time.:rolleyes:

truth hurts I guess
Read a couple of his previous posts

http://www.satelliteguys.us/258864-rsn-games-still-not-hd-2.html#post2571093
Not in my case. FSNAZ channel 415 is the SD feed and the game was on. Channel 415HD, a separate channel was just playing music and said JIP. 30 minutes later channel 415HD was showing the game. It was indeed JIP.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/258864-rsn-games-still-not-hd.html#post2570821
Didn't I read here that JIP in HD was a thing of the past? Must have been wrong.

so it looks like he is still experiencing the JIP issue that Dish can oh so deliver

JIP became the rule after the infamous Heidi bowl. You may be to young to remember it or may never have heard of it but it happened in 68 .
Heidi Game - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I was watching that game on TV in my dorm room in Binghamton NY with other Jet's fans. The swearing rivaled that of the year before when the local ABC station cut away from the Winter Olympics just before Jean Cluade Killey's downhill run the to "The Little White Church"!
Man I wish I was too young to remember. I got married in 1968. I know JIP has been around and complained about for years on this and other sites. I just thought I read a few months ago here that JIP would be eliminated.

First I like the OP's thread head...... :)

I am very satisfied with Dish, but you can't disagree with Iceberg on this. Dish is probably the only one to JIP for HD. I too thought this would be a thing of the past now. I am thankful it doesn't happen for the R. Sox.

Every time I read about JIP, Live game only HDRSNs, and the loss of several RSNs due to contracts, I think that Dish should restructure the sports pack (or better yet, cut it) and put all the RSNs and HD RSNs on spotbeams. I'm not sure if there would be enough room on the Spotbeams. Charge $7.00 for Red Zone (still cheaper than Comcast in my area, which charges just under $8.00 for Red Zone by itself), and forget about trying to match D-TVs sports package.

Spotbeams are too complicated as the sports markets do not match the network markets and vary by each sport as well (a lot of overlap)

Ummm, charge $7 for Red Zone and forget the Sports pack which is already included for that same $7. Makes little sense to me....

Bobby, Cable in my area charges around $7.99 for Red Zone alone. It makes little sense, because Dish has always given a better offer for it. But, if Dish went that road, they would still charge less than the competition.

DodgerKing, that was what I was uncertain about. However, I thought that with Cox Sports in the New Orleans market working on a spotbeam, that there could be a way to make it work.

In whole, I'd rather lose the ability to watch Altitude, Root "incert region" and FS "insert region" non-pro sports programming to have my NESN and CSN New England non-pro sports programming in HD. Also, for us in the North East, I think Boston and maybe Pittsburgh RSNs would be on the same spotbeams, with CSN Philly not be on Satellite at this time and Dish giving the middle finger to the NYC/Buffalo RSNs.

Last edited:
I think we should set up a PPV Cage Fighting event with Iceberg vs KAB as the main event. My money's on the 'berg.... :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)