Locals in HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MarcB

Original poster
Sep 24, 2010
maine
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, I live in Northern Maine, currently recieve locals, sd only no hd, Dish says they are unavailable in my area. My cbs and fox are currently the only local in my immediate area, so nbc and abc are out of area. I know that the nbc and abc are available in hd 50 miles from here and I am in the same spotbeam so why cant I get them in HD? I currently get them is sd so why not hd? I realize cbs and fox have to come from my area, which I am ok with other than cbs is available in hd ota and cable so why not dish? Hope this makes sense, any thoughts on this?

More than likely, there are carriage agreement issues. It seems odd since the far away channel would be increasing its exposure, but the NAB works in mysterious ways; some of which aren't beneficial to anyone.

you must be in Presque Isle ;)

Dish was more worried about getting almost all markets up in SD then can work for the HD versions....
The rule for the folks who have stations imported in (as you do) due to no affiliate in the market is such.
If your locals are not in HD, the "locals" that are imported cannot be either

We have the same thing down the road in Mankato, MN. CBS & Fox only in the market. Dish gives you ABC & NBC from Minneapolis (which we in Mpls get in HD) but Mankato subs do not.

Yes Iceberg, Just 18 miles east if Presque Isle, They do have cbs in HD on cable, does that make a difference for Dish?

nah not really. Dish and the station have to agree on a retrans agreement to carry the HD station. The fact its on cable has no merit on whether or not Dish would carry it in HD.

If they get the CBS &/or Fox in HD then you would get the Bangor ABC & NBC in HD too

Thanks guys,
I do have an ota antenna for cbs, only problem the leaves are blocking the signal, oh well fall is not too far away up here!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)