JIPPED Again!

I do have Direct. That is how I know it was in HD on Direct. I was only commenting to point out that it was a Dish issue, not a signal feed or MLB issue.
Ok so why did you not watch the damned game on Directv?
That statement "I also have direct" combined with your hissy fit here makes you look like a chronic complainer.
You could have seen the game in Hi def in it's entirety.
The way I see it, you have no gripe here.
Settle down.
In fact I faill to see why you started this thread.

That statement "I also have direct" combined with your hissy fit here makes you look like a chronic complainer.
Settle down.

Dodger King DID NOT start this thread. The above was misdirected.

Settle down.

temper my friend, temper :) he didn't start the thread dishcomm. :)http://www.satelliteguys.us/1816551-post1.html

Settle down.
:confused:

Where was I complaining or making a hissy fit?

Dude, I was only trying to be helpful. People were confused as to why the game was not on in HD on Dish and I was just providing some extra info to help clear the confusion for some.

Your a Direct customer. Why do you post so much in the Dish forums? :confused:
I post on certain issues to help clear up confusion. In this case people were wondering if it was a Dish issue or a MLB or a feed issue. By simply showing that it was in HD on another provider in its entirety gives light to the fact that is was probably a Dish issue.

For the record, I do not have any problems with Dish and I want them to do well. Currently there isn't much Direct news but a lot of Dish news

The issue is there is not enough HD transponsder space on Dish. As a result, Dish does not have full-time HD RSN (like DirecTV has). This can result in:

1. HD feeds of games not shown at peak times.

2a. West coast teams have to wait for east coast games to end, so that HD space is freed up for the HD feed of their game (JIP issue).

2b. Occasionally (2a) results in the "wrong" game being shown on an HD RSN. For example, in mid-April the HD NESN channel showed an Indians-Blue Jays game. This was not a NESN issue, this was a Dish issue caused by the STO Indians feed running over into time that the transponder was scheduled to show the NESN HD feed. Link below:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/171150-nesn-hd-tonight-getting-sports-ohio.html

All of these issues result from Dish trying to multiplex 20+ HD RSNs into a smaller number of HD channels. DirecTV does not have these issues because they have full time HD RSNs.

Dishcomm - Why do you get so defensive and angry over this? :confused:

Last edited:
Now are they joining in progress or are you saying that they are running the wrong game on your RSN? You are confusing me as to what is happening here. BTW I had read the whole thread before replying. You are the one that seem to be making the statement of the problem rather obtuse.
Both.

Sorry, I thought I was being succinct, not obtuse. Maybe this dude says it better:
The issue is there is not enough HD transponsder space on Dish. As a result, Dish does not have full-time HD RSN (like DirecTV has). This can result in:

1. HD feeds of games not shown at peak times.

2a. West coast teams have to wait for east coast games to end, so that HD space is freed up for the HD feed of their game (JIP issue).

2b. Occasionally (2a) results in the "wrong" game being shown on an HD RSN. For example, in mid-April the HD NESN channel showed an Indians-Blue Jays game. This was not a NESN issue, this was a Dish issue caused by the STO Indians feed running over into time that the transponder was scheduled to show the NESN HD feed. Link below:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/171150-nesn-hd-tonight-getting-sports-ohio.html

All of these issues result from Dish trying to multiplex 20+ HD RSNs into a smaller number of HD channels. DirecTV does not have these issues because they have full time HD RSNs.
The other details of the thread are that I have a beef with the above and dishcomm has a beef with me having a beef with the above, but is taking it out on DodgerKing.:rolleyes:

Both.

Sorry, I thought I was being succinct, not obtuse. Maybe this dude says it better:

The other details of the thread are that I have a beef with the above and dishcomm has a beef with me having a beef with the above, but is taking it out on DodgerKing.:rolleyes:
Never thought I would be supporting a Giants fan in a thread about BA sports :p

Well it looks like we are jipped again tonight. It looks like Giants and A's are in HD on Comcast and Directv and not even in JIP on Dish. CSNCAHD and CSNBAHD both have nothing.

Well it looks like we are jipped again tonight. It looks like Giants and A's are in HD on Comcast and Directv and not even in JIP on Dish. CSNCAHD and CSNBAHD both have nothing.
It must be a CSNBA HD issue as it is not in HD on Direct either. It is scheduled on EI and on CSNBA HD, but the game is not on either.

It is just a blank screen. If it was blacked out or unavailable I would get a message stating so. It has to be a CSNBA issue this time.

The A's are on in HD on Direct currently. I am currently getting CSNCA HD

Last edited:
Well that is good to know I guess.....but I called my parents and they have both games in HD on Comcast. I looked at Directv's online guide and it looked as if they were showing it in HD too. Strange.....

Thanks for the info DodgerKing.

Well that is good to know I guess.....but I called my parents and they have both games in HD on Comcast. I looked at Directv's online guide and it looked as if they were showing it in HD too. Strange.....

Thanks for the info DodgerKing.
Maybe Comcast itself is doing something with the feed?

I am supposed to get the Giants game in HD, but the screen is just blank. I am getting the A's in HD.

I think I found something: On the CSNBA Giant's HD schedule there is an astrisk by today's game and it says "HDTV* = HDTV transmission is only available via fiber ". What is this?

At least it looks like there are only 6 more games available via fiber only. This is weird.

Comcast SportsNet | Giants HD Schedule
As opposed to CSN Philly, which could say "HDTV and SDTV transmission is only available via fiber" - in other words "if you don't have Comcast your screwed." Comcast is the devil. :devil:

Dish VIP - not to be an ass or anything, but DirecTV is probably the correct option for you if you want to see (almost) all the Giants games in HD. Why don't you look into moving to DirecTV?

Note that I've considered switching, but have my reasons to stay with Dish for now.

Dish doesnt have enough bandwidth for all the RSN channels so they try and make it work by running a game on a HD channel from noon to 3:00 from the East coast and then reuse that same transponder for a west coast game

Correction: Dish chooses not to dedicate enough of their available bandwidth to HD RSN games. By all accounts they have plenty of space to do it if they want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts