Joe Kennedy dies at 28

Bijou Media

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2007
Akron, OH
Toronto reliever Joe Kennedy passed away on Friday November 23, 2007 of natural causes, though an autopsy has been scheduled. Kennedy was visiting family in Florida when he passed out. A rescue team arrived and was unable to revive him, he was rushed to the hospital and was pronounced dead. He leaves a wife and one year old son.

GM JP Ricardo released this statement. "This is tragic and stunning news. It is difficult to express the emotions felt by the Blue Jays players and our organization. My sincere sympathies go to his wife, their son and the entire family."

Kennedy was drafted by the Tampa Bay Rays, and pitched for Colorado, Oakland, and Arizona before coming to Toronto last August. He lived in Denver and was close friends with Todd Helton, the Rockies first baseman.

Kennedy finished his career with a 43-61 record playing for 5 Major league teams. His ERA was 4.79.
The Blue Jays organization and MLB has been struck hard by this sudden tragedy.

See The MLB story by Mycheal Urban
Visit the Joe Kennedy Tribute page
Visit the Joe Kennedy photo album

I would like to offer my deepest sympathies to the Kennedy family, it was a great pleasure to watch him as a part of the team this season. I am saddened by the untimely passing of this talented young man.

Joe Kennedy 1979-2007

No one just dies of "natural causes" at the age of 28. Something had to be wrong with him somewhere.

MLB.com is saying that the cause of Kennedy's death may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to determine.

I hate to hear things like this happen to anyone, much less a young guy with his whole life ahead of him - tragic. :(

MLB.com is saying that the cause of Kennedy's death may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to determine.

I hate to hear things like this happen to anyone, much less a young guy with his whole life ahead of him - tragic. :(

Yes, waiting on coroners report. There has been some speculation that he had an aneurysm, but there's no conformation of that.

The autopsy came back this week.

COD was Degeneration of the mitral valve in his heart. The pitcher suffered from Hypertensive heart disease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)