Joey 4K PIP and Netflix

So after over 8 months waiting for PIP and Netflix on the 4K joeys I paid extra $50.00 each to get, I still do not have the functionality that was promised. I would be very leery of anything Dish promises at the current CES because it may never have the feature(s) or capability(s) they are offering. I don't think I have ever been this disappointed with a company before. It seems as though they promote this equipment having great features only to get good press and sales but no one makes them follow through with the promised features. I hit the Netflix button every so often hoping to be pleasantly surprised but still see the "coming soon" banner. I am beginning to think never and on top of that I am locked in for 2 years...yeah.

Reactions: longisland94
Search the archives for Dish's promises for the 921. Dual-tuner HD DVR and IEEE 1394 ports that eventually got foil tape placed over them since they were never enabled. IMHO, that's still the Gold Standard for Dish being unable to follow through on CES promises.

The 4K Joey's Netflix issues are harder to pin down since Netflix is supposedly the holdup. Scott says it's coming, so I tend to believe him after 13 years of using his site.

I've started thinking this is not as simple as Netflix just not allowing it. I spoke with someone from Netflix for an interview (it was focused on their increased development of original programming, cord cutters, etc.) and off the record, he said Netflix would LOVE to be native on all the 4K Joeys because that just increases Netflix viewers, how in spite of how easy it is to get Netflix on tablets, phones, smart TVs, etc. every time they have a popular device get native Netflix capability they get a big spike in their viewing numbers, and so on.

I don't know, but perhaps Dish is saying Netflix is the holdup and Netflix is telling Dish, hey you need to do this or that so it will work? It's been long enough that the whole argument that it's takes a while to get an app ported to a new device and the 4K Joey is different from the regular Joey or Hopper doesn't sound plausible any longer. In all of this time a LOT of new devices have come out with native Netflix apps.

Reactions: longisland94

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts