Joey 4K PIP and Netflix

Maybe you missed his point? Do those TVs have Netflix?

They do not but the point is I went with the 4k Joeys because Dish promised Netflix and PIP. If they weren't touting these features I would have been fine with wireless Joey or regular joeys. I don't feel I should have to spend more money to get a service that Dish said would be available. In the grand picture not a big deal. It's just tv...I just get tired of companies promising stuff that seemingly never transpires.

They do not but the point is I went with the 4k Joeys because Dish promised Netflix and PIP. If they weren't touting these features I would have been fine with wireless Joey or regular joeys. I don't feel I should have to spend more money to get a service that Dish said would be available. In the grand picture not a big deal. It's just tv...I just get tired of companies promising stuff that seemingly never transpires.

So you have the Netflix app on your Samsung TVs, what is the big deal if the 4K Joey does not at the moment? What extra money to use the App? Maybe there is some inconvenience I am just not seeing? And as I certainly suspect along with others based not just on the Hopper situation that it is Netflix holding things up what do you want DISH to do?

The complaints about no PIP - is that the Side by Side technology the 4K Joey is supposed to have? That was certainly stated as being on the 4K Joey.

So you have the Netflix app on your Samsung TVs, what is the big deal if the 4K Joey does not at the moment? What extra money to use the App? Maybe there is some inconvenience I am just not seeing? And as I certainly suspect along with others based not just on the Hopper situation that it is Netflix holding things up what do you want DISH to do?

The complaints about no PIP - is that the Side by Side technology the 4K Joey is supposed to have? That was certainly stated as being on the 4K Joey.

No, I do not have Netflix on either tv so I ordered 2 4k joeys instead of roku because I really like the Netflix integration on the Hopper 3. It probably is Netflix holding things up but i wouldn't put it past dish being an issue too.
PIP was also advertised and now Scott says it isn't coming. Another broken promise by dish. But I'll say it again, it's only tv. Just don't like being lied to.

No, I do not have Netflix on either tv so I ordered 2 4k joeys instead of roku because I really like the Netflix integration on the Hopper 3. It probably is Netflix holding things up but i wouldn't put it past dish being an issue too.
PIP was also advertised and now Scott says it isn't coming. Another broken promise by dish. But I'll say it again, it's only tv. Just don't like being lied to.

Netflix delay is not Dish's fault. As to the delay and PIP, besides complaining here, have you called Dish and asked for a resolution, a credit perhaps, based on both not working?

I also spent $50 for a Joey 4K, complained about no Netflix and got $5 credit via online chat.
I give up on waiting, I am out $45 from Dish as the box does less than a 2.0 Joey.

I took that credit and bought a FireTV while they were on sale for $24, works great.

I think his biggest complaint is that he paid extra for nothing..........would you want to buy a car that claimed to be air conditioned, yet after you bought it, it wasn't even installed

I think his biggest complaint is that he paid extra for nothing..........would you want to buy a car that claimed to be air conditioned, yet after you bought it, it wasn't even installed
I also would like to thank BNEWT! It gets very hot in North Carolina!

So has anyone got a credit bigger than $5.00 for not having the Netflix app and PIP capabilities? I paid $50.00 each for the 4k (not all features working) joey. Per the Dish product sheet "the thinnest client RECEIVER of any cable or satellite provider The 4K Joey is a next-generation thin-client receiver that displays crystal-clear 4K video and includes Bluetooth® and Picture-in-Picture, making for a high-end whole-home experience." and no Netflix app. I haven't tried bluetooth so maybe that works.

Try going with the 922 rollout if you want to se a bad rollout.
If the ViP922 was a bad rollout, then the 921 rollout would need to be qualified up there with the Hindenburg. IEEE 1394 Ports that never were enabled, then later versions finally had the empty holes in the faceplate covered with foil.

Like many others, I paid the extra $50 for the 4K Joey to a) future-proof my upgrade, and b) prevent the complaints that people had about the speed of the Joeys. Netflix doesn't bother me since I have the option on my Sony Bravia as well as the 4G AppleTV, in addition to smartphones and computers. Same thing with YouTube that some people are excited about.

Still, I see the point that Netflix in 4K was promised as a feature that is not present. I'd take a $50 credit on my Netflix account since it seems they're the ones who can't deliver. Seems only fair...

The PIP would come in handy, but again, as long as I can PIP or Picture-by-Picture on my Sony between Dish and OTA, I'm okay. I'd rather see the Hopper 3 OTA bug squashed once and for all. And the Apps Black Screen bug would be another one, but at least on the Hopper you can go to the PIP screen and that seems to eliminate the Black Screen bug.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
If the ViP922 was a bad rollout, then the 921 rollout would need to be qualified up there with the Hindenburg. IEEE 1394 Ports that never were enabled, then later versions finally had the empty holes in the faceplate covered with foil.

Like many others, I paid the extra $50 for the 4K Joey to a) future-proof my upgrade, and b) prevent the complaints that people had about the speed of the Joeys. Netflix doesn't bother me since I have the option on my Sony Bravia as well as the 4G AppleTV, in addition to smartphones and computers. Same thing with YouTube that some people are excited about.

Still, I see the point that Netflix in 4K was promised as a feature that is not present. I'd take a $50 credit on my Netflix account since it seems they're the ones who can't deliver. Seems only fair...

The PIP would come in handy, but again, as long as I can PIP or Picture-by-Picture on my Sony between Dish and OTA, I'm okay. I'd rather see the Hopper 3 OTA bug squashed once and for all. And the Apps Black Screen bug would be another one, but at least on the Hopper you can go to the PIP screen and that seems to eliminate the Black Screen bug.

Sadly I got to experience both the 922 and the 921. And now the 4K Joey...

Had both of them , the 921 and the 922 and now the 4k joey. But the 4k joey works , just not with the features "promised " that were coming. I've learned now that when DISH promises it is "coming Soon!" , it is best to not put too much into that promise. Wait till it is actually a feature before you make a decision to sub to that receiver. The 922 was the receiver I finally learned this on. The tv 2 in hd was a feature I really wanted. But now the hopper is everything that the older receivers were not. Except for the screwed up ota recording, but I expect it to be fixed in the fall if not sooner.

Reactions: Foxbat and DWS44
I have tried everything and then found this thread. It is so discouraging the amount of money I have spent on all my Dish equipment and I can't use something as simple as Netflix - which is everywhere. The single point is I pay for something and I expect to have it. I attaching the video of my latest experience.

The delay of Netflix is all on Netflix. I can tell you that they are actively working it. I have seen it working and used it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: charlesrshell
The delay of Netflix is all on Netflix. I can tell you that they are actively working it. I have seen it working and used it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

And PIP? Who's to blame for that fubar? I googled 4k Joey and found two official YouTube videos from Dish touting PIP and Netflix. One of the videos had Vivek proudly discussing the features.

I don't know what y'all are talking about in regards to Netflix. I just watched two episodes of "Orange is the new Black" and I had no problem using my hopper 3. What is the problem with the hopper 3 that some are having not being able to get to Neflix, or is this just on the 4k joey?

I don't know what y'all are talking about in regards to Netflix. I just watched two episodes of "Orange is the new Black" and I had no problem using my hopper 3. What is the problem with the hopper 3 that some are having not being able to get to Neflix, or is this just on the 4k joey?
It's just the 4K Joey. It doesn't work in HD let alone 4K. Attempting to start Netflix on the 4K Joey gets you a Pop-Up saying this feature is not available. Netflix runs fine on my Hopper 3, but I don't have a 4K TV to take advantage of the 4K.

And PIP? Who's to blame for that fubar? I googled 4k Joey and found two official YouTube videos from Dish touting PIP and Netflix. One of the videos had Vivek proudly discussing the features.

Yup that was at CES, but then they changed the technology (LNB) used for the Hopper 3 so the plans for PIP on the 4K Joey wouldn't work with the 4K Joey. (At least that is what I have heard)

Hard to believe it, but the 4K Joey while new is using old technology. :)

It's just the 4K Joey. It doesn't work in HD let alone 4K. Attempting to start Netflix on the 4K Joey gets you a Pop-Up saying this feature is not available. Netflix runs fine on my Hopper 3, but I don't have a 4K TV to take advantage of the 4K.
Ok, then that is a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts