Joey 4K + Vizio TV + Vizio Soundbar Hookup Question.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

LQQK

Just The Basic Facts
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 29, 2004
Lincoln, Nebraska
My sister has a 4k Joey, Vizio TV & just purchased a Soundbar. She asked me if she will still be able to use the Dish 54.0 remote with just one button press to turn on/off all three devices.

I looked up her soundbar manual and it only has one HDMI (ARC) connection that goes to the TV ARC input. She currently has the Joey4K hooked to the TV's ARC via HDMI. Before I go over to her place tomorrow I could use some advice/suggestions. I don't have soundbars so I'm not familiar with how they should be hooked up.

TIA!

I don't have soundbars either, but the 54.0 remote automatically sends commands to turn on/off both the 4K Joey and the TV when you press the Power button. So, it sounds like the soundbar's manual is correct, to use the ARC connection for that to make sure it also turns on/off when the TV does.

Reactions: LQQK
If the Vizio soundbar doesn’t have an in and out HDMI port, move the Joey HDMI to the Vizio HDMI input port 2. The soundbar should work just fine when plugged into the Vizio HDMI port 1 (ARC.)

Reactions: pattykay
I don't have soundbars either, but the 54.0 remote automatically sends commands to turn on/off both the 4K Joey and the TV when you press the Power button. So, it sounds like the soundbar's manual is correct, to use the ARC connection for that to make sure it also turns on/off when the TV does.
Yep, when in doubt RTFM...
Thanks for chiming in.

I have an LG soundbar connected to our Samsung TV in the bedroom with a Joey 3. I have the Joey 3 connected with the HDMI to the TV, then have the optical out on the TV connected to the soundbar. When I turn on the Joey and the TV the signal from the tv turns on the soundbar. When I turn off the Joey and TV the lack of signal turns the soundbar off.

I have an LG soundbar connected to our Samsung TV in the bedroom with a Joey 3. I have the Joey 3 connected with the HDMI to the TV, then have the optical out on the TV connected to the soundbar. When I turn on the Joey and the TV the signal from the tv turns on the soundbar. When I turn off the Joey and TV the lack of signal turns the soundbar off.

Is it better to go optic instead of HDMI or does it become a matter of which cable ya have on hand?

Is it better to go optic instead of HDMI or does it become a matter of which cable ya have on hand?
I am not sure, I could have gone either way, but I am kind of old school so I went with what I know and I have used optical cables forever with no issues. I guess I wasnt sure about the HDMI capabilities of the LG soundbar and knew the optical would work regardless.

Hi LQQK;
If sister has both hdmi and optical cables, try each and see what happens. I have a 7 yr old Vizio tv, a 3 piece soundbar system ( soundbar and 2 bluetooth rear speakers, all Vizio purchased with tv), and wired Joey, the latest. Joey is connected to tv via hdmi cable, soundbar uses optical cable to tv. On Dish remote (model 52.0) I press tv button that turns tv on, then press 'Select', that turns Joey on. Now, there is no sound. When I press + (up) volume button, all 3 Vizio speakers r on.

(Yes, I need to press 3 different buttons that takes few seconds. And it doesn't bother me). make sure u go to settings/remote control and choose Vizio as an auxuliary device. When it is time to turn everything off, press both on/off buttons on remote, and both tv and Joey r off. Soundbar stays on few minutes,then it shuts itself off.

According to Cnet guy, hdmi gives u more options than optical. (old article from 2014). U might read it. Good luck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts