Joey and recordings not in current package - Will the fix ever come?

J0YKER

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2012
Orange Country CA
With the price increases I was trying to think of ways to reduce my bill (downgrade my package, replace 2nd Hopper with Joey). I went to see if the Joey software issue where you cannot play recordings from channels not in your current package still exists. Sure enough over a year after fixing this issue in the Hopper, the Joey still cannot play them (error 013, 014).

Any info on if this will ever get fixed? Is there any hope the new Joey's (wireless and super) will not have the same bug.

With the price increases I was trying to think of ways to reduce my bill (downgrade my package, replace 2nd Hopper with Joey). I went to see if the Joey software issue where you cannot play recordings from channels not in your current package still exists. Sure enough over a year after fixing this issue in the Hopper, the Joey still cannot play them (error 013, 014).

Any info on if this will ever get fixed? Is there any hope the new Joey's (wireless and super) will not have the same bug.

Is this a known issue? I'm not familiar with it.

Hmmm. I haven't run into this yet. Any idea what's causing it? Is it the Joey itself or is it something to do with program protection?

This issue is not new. It has been around from the Hopper/Joey release. You only encounter it if you play recorded shows on a channel you do not subscribe (free preview that is over, or if you downgraded your package). It is a software issue. There were some old threads about this topic. It was not meant to be programming protection as all other DVR boxes, 622/722, could play anything. That is why it was corrected in the Hopper over a year ago. The Joey never got the same fix.

While it certainly was an issue at the orginal release of the Hopper, just going by not seeing any posts about it concerning the JOEY now, it may not be a general problem?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)