Joey audio output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Chuck14

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2006
Question: Are the Joey's RCA audio outputs fixed-level, or does their output level vary when you press the Volume up/down buttons on the remote? Perhaps this is a setting in the menus somewhere? I think it was like this on some of the older receivers.

Read on if you want to know why I'm asking... :)

I'm setup for an upgrade next week, going from a 622 and a 211 to 1H/2J. The TV connected to the 622 TV2 output right now has only an RF antenna input. I know I can buy an RF modulator to hook a Joey up to it, but it's an old piece of junk so I'm more likely to just replace it.

I have a 24" computer LCD panel I'm not currently using. It will display 1920x1080 but it has no speakers. I can hook the Joey's HDMI output to this monitor with an HDMI-to-DVI adaptor (which I have already), so I'm good on the video side.

What I'm trying to figure out is the audio. I have a couple different pairs of decent quality computer speakers around. I could easily connect the Joey's RCA audio outputs to a pair of these speakers, but unless the Joey's audio outputs are variable (controlled by the remote volume buttons) then I have to get up and walk over to the monitor/speakers to change the volume...

Fixed level unless you have "Volume Leveling" enabled (which IMO doesn't work well) which automatically adjusts volume between loud and soft things (such as commercials vs actual show.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts