Joey Delayed Audio from Analog Output

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

JerryGraf

Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
Hi. I'm running a Hopper 3 with a wired Joey. I'm trying to use the analog outs from the Joey to run to a Sonos Amp. I have continuity, but when it plays out, the audio is meaningfully delayed from picture -- like two seconds. Audio directly from Joey to TV is fine. Any ideas? Thanks!

The audio outputs on the Joey would be stereo while HDMI from the Joey to the TV could be Dolby. Can you use the optical out (Toslink) from the Joey to the sound bar? It would be Dolby like the HDMI.

To test this go into Audio Settings and turn off Dolby Audio and see if the delay is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks but I can't do that. I have a in-wall run of speaker wire, which runs back to my Sonos Amp, and out to the speakers.

Did you try turning off Dolby on your Joey?
To do this hit the remote home key twice, select settings, select Audio, and turn off Dolby Audio.

Here is a paragraph from the Sonos manual for dealing with delayed sound.

Some TVs and external source devices use additional processing when playing surround sound audio, which can delay the audio. Change the audio format of your TV or source device to Stereo (or PCM) to remove this delay. Note that this will disable surround sound audio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a paragraph from the Sonos manual for dealing with delayed sound.

Some TVs and external source devices use additional processing when playing surround sound audio, which can delay the audio. Change the audio format of your TV or source device to Stereo (or PCM) to remove this delay. Note that this will disable surround sound audio.

You got it man. Thanks! It wasn't the control on the Joey. It was the "Audio Delay" setting in Sonos. WTG. Thanks so much! Merry Christmas.