Joey DVR playback problems...

twodose

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 9, 2005
I have the hopper and 2 joeys, one in master bedroom, the other in kitchen. The one in the bedroom, during playback of a recorded program the picture will distort for like 1 second, then the sound will go out, the sound will be out not only on the recorded program but also on any live tv channel, the only way to get the sound back is to reboot the Joey. It happens randomly so I can't create the problem, although it happens every night, it may be on the first recorded program or the 4th, there is no pattern, they sent me a new Joey same problem, only happens with the Joey in the master bedroom.
Anyone else experiencing this type of problem?

Is that joey connected via HDMI? maybe some sort hdmi issue since you mention audio issues? something to rule out by connecting it differently

if that's not it, i would also be checking the wiring, barrel connectors, node, joey power cord, etc since you've already tried a different joey. Might even consider ruling out some sort of electrical issue in that master bedroom outlet?

Also double check that everything is connected per the wiring diagrams... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=279755

Last edited:
Ok, I discovered that when the sound goes out I don’t have to reboot the Joey, just turn the TV off and then back on, or unplug and replug the HDMI cable.

Changed the HDMI cable with a replacement from Dish. Maybe I should try a better quality HDMI cable?

Specs for the TV with the problem:
Samsung LNT3242HX
32-inch LCD integrated
ATSC/Quam/NTSC HDTV tuners. Viewing
angle (170º). Resolution (1366 x 768p),
7000:1 high contrast ratio.
HDMI-W/HDCP: 3
Component video: 2 (Y, Pb, Pr)
S-Video input: 1 side/1 rear
A/V inputs: 1 side/1 rear
PC input: 1
RF antenna inputs.

Same problem with HDMI ports 1 and 2, didn’t try on 3 although I would think I would have the same result.
Does this sound like a problem with the HDMI ports on the TV?

Any thought’s or suggestions appreciated.

Go into audio options and check that "PCM only" is checked. It usually fixes the problem that you are describing.

Dish support had me set the audio to pcm only, that is one of the first things that was done, still the same problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts