Joey Error 1305 - Connection Not Detected

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

AntiMoz

Livin' the Dream
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 11, 2005
Western NY
Upgraded to a Hopper with two wired Joeys ~3 months ago. Things have worked perfectly for the first couple of months. For the past two weeks one of the Joeys has been misbehaving and increasingly showing error 1305. (See screenshot below.) The error sometimes clears itself but in the worst case I have to reset the Joey to get the picture back. The MOCA status shown on the Hopper sees the malfunctioning Joey and indicates all is well.

The Joey I'm having problems with is connected via the old RG59 cable that leads to the Joey from my old 722k that the Hopper replaced. I haven't looked but I believe the tech installed a "splitter" inline with the RG6 cable that feeds the Hopper from the Node (RG6 is feeding the Hopper and RG59 feeding the Joey).

This installation is at my cottage and I won't be there for a week or so. My next step is to swap Joey's to see if it is a wiring problem. (The second Joey is fed by a RG6 cable direct from the Node and I'm having no problems with Joey #2).

In the mean time do you all think the problem is with the Joey or with the wiring?. Anyone seen this and have any ideas? I fear I'll have to replace the RG59 with RG6.

IMG_2450.JPG

Last edited:
RG59 is acceptable to use to feed the Joeys. If it's damaged, that's one thing but would apply to RG6 just the same.

Not sure if the splitter could be too blame...

My Joey gives that same message on occasion but almost always fixes itself. I think maybe if the Hopper is on standby it will do that until the Hopper wakes up.

Thanks. The Hopper has been on, off, live TV mode, DVR mode, you name it when the error happens. I can't isolate it. The definitive test will be when I swap Joeys later this week to see if I can repeat the issue with Joey #2 connected.

Looks like I'll be running a new wire to the bedroom. The system is reporting an intermittent bad MoCA connection/status between the Hopper and Joey. The MoCA2 RxPower = -40 dBm when the connection is bad (as opposed to -17dBM on the good circuit running to the other bedroom.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)