joey froze

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

skihoodoo

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 10, 2008
PERSHING COUNTY NV
about 1:15 this morning while trying to watch a dvr show on one of my joeys.
i was 2 min in and all of a sudden it froze and mentioned that the connection was lost
now it is 17 deg outside my wire is ran outside around the house
when i looked at diagnostics it showed no connection at all to the hopper3 but a week connection to 2 of the 4 other joeys so i went down starirs to see if the hopper was upgrading and it was not when i turned on the hopper all joeys returned to normal
is this a weather issue or something else.

hopper 3 U334
Joey 2 U271

about 1:15 this morning while trying to watch a dvr show on one of my joeys.
i was 2 min in and all of a sudden it froze and mentioned that the connection was lost
now it is 17 deg outside my wire is ran outside around the house
when i looked at diagnostics it showed no connection at all to the hopper3 but a week connection to 2 of the 4 other joeys so i went down starirs to see if the hopper was upgrading and it was not when i turned on the hopper all joeys returned to normal
is this a weather issue or something else.

hopper 3 U334
Joey 2 U271
Your hopper 3 probably went thru it's normal nightly reboot and you just happened to get to it upon completion, I've had this happen recently with my hws and after scratching my brain about it for 20 minutes the wife decided to tell me the hopper had done it's nightly reboot and so that's why she came to bed

Now I was having a issue with recordings so I reset the hopper and now I am having this happen
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1483737222.616505.jpg

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1483737237.058143.jpg
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1483737249.809311.jpg

It's only showing the video in the upper right corner

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Now I was having a issue with recordings so I reset the hopper and now I am having this happen View attachment 123430
View attachment 123431View attachment 123432

It's only showing the video in the upper right corner

That did the same thing to me a few months ago, during the Olympics. I had to unplug and plug back in. Luckily, it was only during the Opening Ceremonies, but like my wife said, I would have had a major meltdown if it occurred during the actual competition. It never occurred again, and knock on wood, I am hoping that it will never happen again with anyone. It is a major pain. Good luck to you!!!!

i've had black screens corrected by enabling then disabling picture and picture, not sure if it would help at all in this situation.
always good to have ideas for the next time something happens.
sorry cant help with the signal.

All my joeys are working fine
My hopper 3 is playing live tv okey
But for some reason it cannot play recordings it just scoops all the way to the end and just sits there
This is the second time in three days this has happened
I'm starting to regret switching

Restarting the hopper fixes it but I can't keep resetting this all the time

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)