Joey/HWS HDD Temp?

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
Checking HDD temps on HWS its High-113º, Low-107º, Avg 109º. Those temps are pretty much the same as the vip622 I used to have.
I didn't think the Joey had a HDD but the same Counters screen is on there and they read High-161º, Low-141º, Avg-150º which seems extremely high. Are those the temps of the Joey internals or what's going on?

Why do we keep having to buy fans to cool leased equipment. Dish should install the necessary fans to cool their own equipment. I have a USB fan underneath my HWS and a Walamart $5 fan set up at the end blowing in thru the vents.

Why do we keep having to buy fans to cool leased equipment. Dish should install the necessary fans to cool their own equipment. I have a USB fan underneath my HWS and a Walamart $5 fan set up at the end blowing in thru the vents.
I don't know, I have a Hopper and two Joeys. I have no external cooling devices and I never, never, have heating issues. Of course, all of my equipment is in the open air, as suggested by Dish.

Mine are in open air as well. I just thought the temps on the Joey seemed extremely high compared to the Hopper and my former 622. I haven't had any issues and since it's normal I won't worry about it.

I know that this is an old ?................but what fans are you using. I was thinking of getting a usb fan to plug on to the hopper. By using the usb...........would the fan run all the time or only when the hopper was actually in use?

I know that this is an old ?................but what fans are you using. I was thinking of getting a usb fan to plug on to the hopper. By using the usb...........would the fan run all the time or only when the hopper was actually in use?
I'm pretty sure it would run all the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)