Joey seems to be failing

Just to update this issue. The DIRT member I was talking to about this issue seems to have other things to do. I have not had any help resolving this issue and have not heard anything out of him since the 22nd. I have not gone another route and called DISH because the problem seems to either have gone away or the wife has not noticed it lately. The last time she said anything to me the joey was only on 5 minutes so it was bad for awhile. She is the only one that uses this tv and the last few days when I ask if the problem has shown itself she indicated it had not. The joey is still running the same software version as when the problem started so I don't know what has changed. Have any of the rest of you that had this issue seen it go away?

Just to update this issue. The DIRT member I was talking to about this issue seems to have other things to do. I have not had any help resolving this issue and have not heard anything out of him since the 22nd. I have not gone another route and called DISH because the problem seems to either have gone away or the wife has not noticed it lately. The last time she said anything to me the joey was only on 5 minutes so it was bad for awhile. She is the only one that uses this tv and the last few days when I ask if the problem has shown itself she indicated it had not. The joey is still running the same software version as when the problem started so I don't know what has changed. Have any of the rest of you that had this issue seen it go away?
Mine hasn't done it since the Hopper got S528.

I wish I could give you an update. The family member who was using the Joey in question has been in the hospital/nursing home for the past couple of weeks so the Joey hasn't been in use since he left.

As far as heat is concerned, my Joeys run much cooler if I use the mounting brackets to stand them vertically. I originally let them lie flat and they seemed to get too hot.

The problem has gone away. Apparently with a software update to the hopper it is linked to. I have had no input from dirt about this issue really. I was asked if it was plugged directly into the wall and that was the last of help from them. As far as the heat deal goes I guess it is normal. JerryDowning I don't think I have any mounting brackets to stand the joey vertical. As I said the problem is apparently gone and the wife is happy. That makes me happy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)