Joey seems to be failing

jrhut1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 18, 2012
Springfield, Mo
I need a DIRT member to contact me about a Joey that is failing. Video and audio shuts down and when it happens the TV screen is totally black. Power light is still on the Joey but the only way to get it to work is shut it down and turn it back on. I don't have to reboot the joey, I just power it down and back up. It is very hot even when in standby mode. Heat issues?

I would be happy to assist you. Please PM me with your account or phone number and your 4 digit PIN.

Hmm bug in the software build ? Someone in my house told me that the Joey (original launch version) in their room was doing the same thing.

I need a DIRT member to contact me about a Joey that is failing. Video and audio shuts down and when it happens the TV screen is totally black. Power light is still on the Joey but the only way to get it to work is shut it down and turn it back on. I don't have to reboot the joey, I just power it down and back up. It is very hot even when in standby mode. Heat issues?
This happened to a friend.....The component side still worked, but the hdmi side didnt...
For a PM, click on the DIRT members name.....supply the needed info

I sent a PM to Andrew with the information he requested 3 hours ago but no response. A question for the others who have responded here. Does your Joey get so hot hat it is almost more than you can keep your hand on? It was actually painful to hold your hand on mine last night after being on less than 1/2 hour. It is very hot today and has been off all day.

I sent a PM to Andrew with the information he requested 3 hours ago but no response. A question for the others who have responded here. Does your Joey get so hot hat it is almost more than you can keep your hand on? It was actually painful to hold your hand on mine last night after being on less than 1/2 hour. It is very hot today and has been off all day.
Unless you unplug it the Hopper and Joey only go into standby not OFF.

Thank you Andrew. For some reason I can't remember how to PM someone. I would be glad to provide the information you requested as soon as I figure it out.
Just right click on the posters name, a box will pop up and click start a conversation.

Mine gets that hot. I think in the diagnostics menu it said it was 150º. I asked about that here a while ago and apparently it is normal.

I sent DIRT member Andrew a PM 3 days ago with no response and another yesterday and still no response on this issue. It seems like DIRT is not what it used to be. I have used them a couple of times in the past when I had issues and had good luck doing so. If I don't hear from Andrew soon I guess my only other option is to try another DIRT member.

Reactions: Troch77
There is a good chance that they are still backed up because of the Crap that was happening on Facebook all well. That'd be my guess.

There is a good chance that they are still backed up because of the Crap that was happening on Facebook all well. That'd be my guess.

Awww man It sounds like I missed all the drama ... I'm still convinced it's some sort of software bug but I could be wrong, it's just odd my Joey started doing it at the same time as his Joey. Then again I could see it being the HDMI port as well. I did disable HDMI CEC to see if it had anything to do with it and the Joey still had the issue. I know a long shot but I like ruling things out before making calls.

I am experiencing the same thing with my Joey and also the Super Joey.

The screen will go blank, with no audio.

Channel down Video and Audio return.

Channel up, and Video and Audio are okay.

Started about a week ago, and happens only randomly, maybe once a day.

RodeoGeorge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts