Joey upgrade?

smokey982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2005
Cleveland, TN (Chattanooga Market)
So I have a Hopper 3 and some Joey 2.0 receivers for the bedrooms. I don’t think I’ve ever watched anything on the Joey’s in the few years that we’ve had them. But we recently just finished building a new sunroom so I moved one of the Joey’s out there. Ok my gosh! That thing is so slow compared to my Hopper! Is there a faster version Joey that I can upgrade to? If so, would I have to upgrade all of them or can I upgrade just that one?

A Joey3 is much faster than a Joey2. You can mix Joey types. But I would wait till this summer. Dish is releasing a Joey4 this summer. I don’t know if you need a Hopper+ in order to use a Joey4. Details should be released at Dish Summitt which happens in May.

A Joey3 is much faster than a Joey2. You can mix Joey types. But I would wait till this summer. Dish is releasing a Joey4 this summer. I don’t know if you need a Hopper+ in order to use a Joey4. Details should be released at Dish Summitt which happens in May.

Has the Hopper+ been released yet? How does it different from the Hopper 3?

Just follow this thread regarding new Dish products. We all do.

Few living in test areas such as Seattle have started using new Dish products and hopefully they will tell us more.

I never have an issue with 3 Joey2s. To me, they operate as fast as my Hopper3. I wonder if the cable from Hopper to sun room is the issue.

Reactions: TheKrell
Just follow this thread regarding new Dish products. We all do.

Few living in test areas such as Seattle have started using new Dish products and hopefully they will tell us more.

I never have an issue with 3 Joey2s. To me, they operate as fast as my Hopper3. I wonder if the cable from Hopper to sun room is the issue.
If you had a side by side with a Joey 3, you'd see the difference

I have Joey2s that came with Hopper3. Perhaps, I got used to them. It feels a very slight delay when I change channels with Joeys. When Smokey982 mentioned sunroom Joey was very slow I thought it stemmed from some technical issue. I remember some members complaining slower speeds when they relocated their Joeys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)