Joey without MoCA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Dan in VA

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Nov 28, 2012
Virginia
In one of the rooms I want to utilize a diplexer. Both signals work great but I know MoCA doesn't. I don't utilize any of the on demand or internet apps in this room. Is there anything else that may not work that I would need?

Thanks

In one of the rooms I want to utilize a diplexer. Both signals work great but I know MoCA doesn't. I don't utilize any of the on demand or internet apps in this room. Is there anything else that may not work that I would need?

Thanks

Moca is what the hopper and Joey communicate over. So if Moca isn't working the joey will display the 1303 message.

WiFi/Ethernet works but is not supported by Dish. So don't expect them to troubleshoot it for you if it's not using coax. You are also at the mercy of your WiFi's bandwidth. If there is a lot of interference or a lot of other users on your WiFi network going crazy with downloads, your picture could be affected.

That being said, I've had my Joey on WiFi for 9 months now with very little issues. Then again I run an 802.11n network with two large antennas, so I get great coverage all throughout the house.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)