Johnny Carson on AntennaTV time slot

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Well looks like Carson will be on at 11PM Eastern Weekdays for sure. Was watching KSTC 5-2 (45) and they had a commercial for Johnny. KSTC caried MeTV, AntennaTV and ThisTV on subs and along with co-owned KSTP (ABC) and sub H&I they "cross promote" all the channels here during local commercial inserts. So you see H&I commercials on AntennaTV....

Anywho it says "10PM Central" Weekdays "starting January 1". So the weeknight episodes will be on at 11e/10c. Unknown on weekends as it will be 90 minute episodes

(this is the last screenshot of the commercial)

IMG_20151213_212053_553.jpg

Reactions: fred555
You'd think they'd not air the promo on the satellites then. (?) But have seen it numerous times. Hoping it's carried on the satellite transmitters. (Kinda surprised they're adding a sub at all) As a 'plan 2': So far, KVRR/Fargo has been pretty dependable.
Read over at avsforum, WDAY6 (Rf21) is on backup facilities (Tx and tower) that doesn't have the range of the primary. Maybe that's why I don't get a signal.

You'd think they'd not air the promo on the satellites then. (?)
What I mean is they (RRB) may only launch it on KVRR and not the other 3 satellite stations. I used the KELO/Ion example above

But have seen it numerous times.
promo on FOX Fargo? Do you get it on KVRR Fargo or KBRR Thief River Falls/Grand Forks?

(Kinda surprised they're adding a sub at all) As a 'plan 2': .
shocked too because this summer when I emailed both Red River and KQDS (Duluth) about adding a sub they said it "was not in the immediate future"

You'd think they'd not air the promo on the satellites then. (?) But have seen it numerous times.
To clarify: I've seen the promo on KBRR (TRF/GF) many times.
OK, I'm doubly surprised, as I emailed them a few years ago (about what I don't recall) and got no response.

You'd think they'd not air the promo on the satellites then. (?) But have seen it numerous times. Hoping it's carried on the satellite transmitters. (Kinda surprised they're adding a sub at all) As a 'plan 2': So far, KVRR/Fargo has been pretty dependable.
Read over at avsforum, WDAY6 (Rf21) is on backup facilities (Tx and tower) that doesn't have the range of the primary. Maybe that's why I don't get a signal.

I've been wondering why WDAY hasn't been coming in as well, I live in the north side of Fargo and it usually one of the strongest signals

Well that confirms, I guess, that their backup facilities are, apparently, low power. I've wondered for the last week why I don't see it N of GF. My old yagi used to get it, but not KVRR.
From AVS forum:
"We're repairing our regular antenna near Amenia, ND and are on our backup out of South Fargo. The backup doesn't have as strong of a signal. We hope to have the regular transmitter repaired in the next week or so. Sorry for the inconvenience."
Got something aimed south??

Boy looking through an old thread they CLEARLY posted when Johnny will be on (it will be TWICE a night)

And finally...here's Johnny! Beginning January 1, Antenna TV will tuck America in each weeknight with a 60-minute classic Johnny Carson episode airing at 11 pm ET with a rebroadcast at 2 am ET. On weekends, Antenna TV will run 90-minute episodes at 10 pm ET with a rebroadcast at 1:30 am ET.

1st episode on 1/1 is from 1/1/82 with Eddie Murphy and McLean Stevenson
1st weekend episode is from 1975

Seeing commercials (more like bumpers) on AntennaTV with Doc Severinsen blowing his trumpet and then it saying "___ days till Johnny Carson" (7, 6, etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)