JOHNSTOWN/ALTOONA PA. LOCALS

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Im not sure - where they are located. I can say that I have them and they sound/look great. They were a little screwed up in Dec/Jan. Working well now

Im not sure - where they are located. I can say that I have them and they sound/look great. They were a little screwed up in Dec/Jan. Working well now

That is great to know! I've been an E* user for the past 16 months (just called for the switch to D* today!), and you might know that E* still doesn't have HD Locals for us in the j-town market. We are on a list for "sometime after april 1st", which knowing E* might mean 2012!

My aunt/uncle got an HDTV and D* HD over xmas, and was thrilled to see HD locals in our area (even though we didn't have them with E*, it got my hopes up that they would come soon).
We are a top 100 DMA, so E* should at least have a couple HD locals for us by now.

Was real smart for D* to add some HD local last summer. Clearly our DMA is infested with Steeler fans (and some eagles fans), so for D* people to be able to watch every game this past season in HD was a big deal and clearly this got a ton of people to get or switch to D*. E*'s SD locals just weren't cutting it.

With our D* getting installed next week, I can't wait. Also just recently learned that D* now has all the locals in HD (where previously it was just ABC and CBS, I think). Great to hear we have them all now, and have had them long enough to get all the kinks worked out.
So it sounds like we'll be pretty damn happy when we get to lay eyes on our HD locals in our own house!

E*...too little too late. I bet E* adds HD locals the day we cancel with them, but at this point I don't even care. D* beat them in HD locals by a mile! Might be by as much as a year by the time E* gets at least what D* got last august.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)