Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

33" here in Columbia, MD and still no plow yet... ugh.

Oh, and congrats on the 1 Million.

Back when I had my PS3, those points seemed easy to come by. Now, not so much. Strange my old Q6600 still beats the pants off my new Q8300. Dang. Heats up like an oven, which I haven't noticed on the Q8300. (Some is due to the Q8300 running Linux -- I notice the client not at 400% all the time, like the Q6600 Windows client is.)

Thanks again everyone...
Well, next stop is 2 million.... I'm hoping it stops here at 24" (I REALLY hope the impending Wednesday storm - here in PA - doesn't amount to anything)

Woo Hoo!!! I finally hit 10,000 Work Units Folded!!! Yea, me! :D

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
SatinKzo, I do believe you are going to reach 9 Million before I get to 8 Million. Only 2 or 3 more days for you at your current rate! :up

I did get some folders back online the last few days. Fired up a new system at work, not sure how it will do, but it's cranking away with the a3 core at about a % every 10 minutes.

Fired up a new system at work, not sure how it will do, but it's cranking away with the a3 core at about a % every 10 minutes.
I have a new ProLiant G6 server at work, but with the Corporate firewall and proxies, I can't reach Stanford's assignment servers. Plus, I don't believe Folding falls within our "Acceptable Usage" agreement. :D

I want to apologize to the team for my performance drop the last week. I decided to go for an extreme overclock on my CPU and GPU's. It took me a little longer to find the right settings and get them stable. My box was running about 8k per day before I started, fell to miserable numbers during testing, but has pulled a 12k day and an 11k day consecutively. Hopefully I have found the settings to make her happy...lol

Core i7 920 - 4.0GHz(Vista 64)
(2) Radeon 4870's
(1 A3 client and 2 GPU2 clients)
(A3 client takes about 4 min per %)

Just an FYI for the team... You have to have a Passkey to get the bonus points for the A3 files. Then you have to have 10 units completed with an 80% success rate for the bonus' to start.

Last edited:
I'm still not sure about how to tell if I'm getting the A3 bonuse. I guess I'm getting them now. I have my passkey in all my clients, and almost all of my WUs complete (I think I lost one or two setting up the client on the new computer).

I'm still not sure about how to tell if I'm getting the A3 bonuse.
There is a thread over at the Folding Forum where the Moderators are responding to requests for verification of Bonus Points. They have access to the data that Stanford hasn't got around to providing to the masses yet.

A3 is helping my Mac Pro be more productive, but I'm not sure about my Mac Mini yet. A3 WUs definitely process faster than the A1 WUs did (each A3 frame finishes in 66% the time of the A1 frames) but I get fewer points for each WU finished. So, 1317 points in 36 hours vs. 1920 points in 55 hours. That works out to about 35-36 pph (880 ppd) regardless of the SMP core version.

Last edited: