Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I have been having a rough go at it for the last couple of days. Right now one of my ATI GPU2 clients is sitting waiting for the Work Server, and for two days my Mac Pro has been getting older V1 SMP WUs instead of the V2 SMP. I finally got one today, so I hope that's good for another 1K ppd.

We'll see what happens this weekend. I'm headed north to ski, leaving the Folders to heat the house... ;)
Fold On!!!

Just grabbed the new SMP2 client (6.29). So far, much smaller memory footprint. I'm folding and using under 100K of memory with the new A3 client. Somehow I never managed to get the A2 client.

Still not sure how the points will work out, but I've only been averaging 10k/week with the A1's on my Q6600 processor. Looks like that should go up significantly with the A3 client and the bonus system they have now.

Just grabbed the new SMP2 client (6.29). So far, much smaller memory footprint. I'm folding and using under 100K of memory with the new A3 client. Somehow I never managed to get the A2 client.

Still not sure how the points will work out, but I've only been averaging 10k/week with the A1's on my Q6600 processor. Looks like that should go up significantly with the A3 client and the bonus system they have now.
I loaded two machines with the new A3 client. They really seem to zip along. Let's see what kind of ppd they produce. FAHMon is having some problems calculating points for the new core.

So seems like the new 6.29 client has about 3-4 times the ppd!

I tried loading it on a new system of mine (Linux 64-bit OS with Quad core). Somehow it still got the A1 core? I didn't set it to advanced methods, so I set that flag and let it continue the A1 it's working on now. Any ideas?

Congrats, dmendenjr! The first million always seems to take forever....

I've grabbed the new V6.29r1 on my Mac Pro and InCrease has the same issue that FAHMon has in reporting too low of a value for PPH. I don't know if it will help or hurt if I load this on my Mac Mini. Also, I'm not too sure what the effect will be on my HP XW8200 with 2 3.2 GHz Xeon Dual-core CPUs. That machine is a lot slower than I expected, no where near the Points as the Mac Pro produces with slower CPUs.

So far the advanced methods flag works for linux. Got me an A3 work product. Only problem is I am running Ubuntu, and installed using the directions on the stanford website (to run as my user). Unfortunately, this method doesn't work for Ubuntu. You need to run as root in the init.d service. So it didn't have permission to send the results, so it delete them instead. DOH!

Oh well.

Only problem is I am running Ubuntu, and installed using the directions on the stanford website (to run as my user). Unfortunately, this method doesn't work for Ubuntu. You need to run as root in the init.d service. So it didn't have permission to send the results, so it delete them instead. DOH!

Oh well.
I hate it when that happens... The worse is when a new version of FAH comes out and you want to install it NOW instead waiting for the current WU to complete. I got away with it installing the V6.29r1 on my Mac, but I've had FAH go kaboom after an update.

Since most of my Folders are single-purpose Folding machines, I don't have a problem with them running under superuser/administrator privs. The Windows boxes are running using a System Service, anyway, so that's not a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts