Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Van,
Correct. If you look back a few posts, you'll see how long after your first Work Unit it will take until your EOC Sig activates.

That must be why I'm pulling away from you again.:)

I came home and got my Notebook in its Folding position: open 30? and set up like a tent over a register to get the benefit of the air conditioning. After that, I headed upstairs and found my Mac had decided to take a little nap after it finished Folding a P2608 WU. I had to go through the recovery procedures and was able to upload the results. It was sitting for about 1h45m, but the other instance was folding away so the time wasn't totally wasted. I ended up with another P2608 WU which seem to Fold pretty "quick" compared to what I have been working on.

It may be time to get the compressed ait an blow out some dust. I notice that my FB-DRAMM is reporting 72?C, a little too warm for my tastes. CPUs are still holding around 51?C...

Kru83, welcome to the SatelliteGuys.US Folding Team! Even after you upload your first Work Unit, it takes Stanford anywhere from five minutes to half an hour to process the results and update the team & user stats. Then there's the 30-180 minute delay that it takes the EOC and Kakao Stats sites to upload the batch results from Stanford and update their databases. So, you could be looking at four hours after your first WU before your EOC signature goes live.

How does one monitor thier CPU temp?

I've got a Widget on my Mac's dashboard called Temperature Monitor by Marcel Bresink. The widget is a lot simpler than the full program but supplies enough info for a quick check on things. I also have iStat Nano showing things like Fan Speeds and Uptime.

I use Speedfan and Motherboard monitor. I love Speedfan but I don't know if it works with a Dell machine. Let me try it on an Optiplex here at work.

No, it just detects the hard drive temperature not the CPU.

How are ya'll changing the Background colors on your FAH Sigs?
Technomagic... Since Scott takes whatever you put inside the [F A H] tags and passes it as the ?un= argument to the EOC Sig generator, :eureka I thought I'd try adding the color tags with &c1=AADDAA, etc.

As you can see, SatinKzo figured it out, too.

The whole string I'm passing between the [F A H] tags is Foxbat&c1=AADDAA&c2=556688&c3=0062A6&c4=5891E8&c5=FFFFFF. If you leave off the &c5=, EOC uses a color based on your daily production rate.
team.gif
...which, as you notice, does not work with the background color I picked.

Last edited:
I now have 7 WU's that will not upload from multiple machines on different networks and ISP's. What's odd is the most recent WU's are uploading just fine to the same servers that won't take my stuff that completed last week.

Kind of frustrating. Posted over at the F@H forums, but all they can offer is "Just be patient, it's odd as the WU's you are trying to upload are being uploaded just fine by others"

Oh well, it's almost the weekend! :)

Is it normal for a WU to take almost 72 hours to complete?

And how long does it take for your info to upload to the signature file?

Depends on machine and protein Van. I have some WU that take 5 days and only take 1 day on other machines.

I think the sigs can take up to 3 hours after an upload to fill in, but don't quote me on that one for sure.

Check your Client.cfg and your FaHlog.txt file to make sure you have the right Team # (55236) or some other team will be getting credit for your work!

You should see something like the following at the beginning:
Code:
[00:27:59] - Ask before connecting: No
[00:27:59] - User name: Foxbat (Team 55236)
[00:27:59] - User ID: 3DA6459B38FDAE1E
[00:27:59] - Machine ID: 1
Except, of course, yours should say "Van" instead of "Foxbat";)

I checked the Stanford site and they do not have a record of a user named "Van" for team number 55236. Looking for "Van" in their master list, I came up with four teams with a "Van": 57793, 44079, 56222, and 34479. I stopped looking after the user points were greater than a single WU could generate.