Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

I had to go with "Dish_Van" because there are already 4 other "Van"'s. The configure button has the correct team, I have no idea what that txt file is that your referring to. SU should have gotten this onto Boinc, its a more user friendly program than what they have put together.

Think Im gonna have to delete it and start over, I found the fahtxt file and its showing my user name as "satelliteguys".
I'm sure Scott appreciates the extra bonus points.:D However, you should be able to stop Folding, open a CMD window, navigate to your Folding @ Home directory, and run a "FAH5 -local -configonly" to reset the client configuration. Then, you can restart Folding.

One problem I had with the beta versions I have on the Mac and PC happened if both sets of Folding clients started at the exact same time. They would interact and the 2nd one would shut down. Sometimes when that happened it would reset the Client.cfg file to "Anonymous" and Team 0.:( To prevent this on my PC I have one service set to "Automatic" startup and the other to "Manual". I just have to remember to start it after a reboot. On the Mac, I've gone to using the Console version and starting both instances manually.

I'm sure the V6 versions will be more stable, but the SMP client may also be configured to not allow multiple copies running but instead be able to handle the 2-16 CPU cores some systems are running.

I'm sure Scott appreciates the extra bonus points.:D However, you should be able to stop Folding, open a CMD window, navigate to your Folding @ Home directory, and run a "FAH5 -local -configonly" to reset the client configuration. Then, you can restart Folding.

Ok now your talkin greek

Ok now your talkin greek
You mean Geek... :D

And speaking of Geek... Regarding the higher temps I was seeing on my Mac? I got some "air-in-a-can" and blew out some of the dust. That worked to drop the memory temps back to 66?C. If they get too high, the Mac will slow the CPUs down to reduce the thermal load, making it that much easier for SatinKzo and his Army of Folding Machines :)D) to pass me up.

I'm working on some new recruits too! Luckily I can house many of mine in a nice data center room. No worry of overheating in there.

Everything matches up as it should, I have completed one wu already and I had figured it would link up within a couple of hours but it didnt wich doesnt surprise me. When I first installed the program it locked up parts of my comp and then when it completed a wu it crashed, they really should look into a boinc conversion.

Im going to do a full deletion from my system and start over, if it doesnt work right again then I'll go back to running similiar stuff on boinc.

I turn off my monitor, but it's mostly because I don't want to wait for the monitor to shut off on its own and I don't want a low monitor shutoff time for when I'm not Folding.

@party:clap:bounce:clap@party
SatelliteGuys.US has Folded over 1,000,000 Points! :up :up :up Way to go, Team!!!

At this posting, we had completed 2,835 Work Units and we're currently ranked 605th out of 67,630 teams.

:welcome to our two newest members, BigTimMN and ahope577. That brings our number of members to 68 (discounting duplicates) and the total number of CPUs that we're Folding with to 189!

Attachments

• SatelliteGuys-1MegaPoints.jpg
    SatelliteGuys-1MegaPoints.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
I just figured out how to do multiple's on my new box (2x Xeon 5120, 4 cores). I now have 3 cores running F@H on it.
also added a 2nd F@H on the Dual Xeon (HT) box, since 2 eats the physical cores, and the HT stuff doesn't work as well.

That makes 7 processors chewing on F@H for me now.

We'll see what that does to my ranking.

That should help :)