Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

one of the dialogues on the folding forum's has been about why some dual core machines are much faster than others. The consensus is it's all to do with the amount of l2 cache the processor has.
So the lower performance C2D chips for example perform much worse than the higher speed ones relative to cpu clock speed, because the higher speed generally have more cache.

For all looking for estimations on when it will complete, i really recommend FAHMON as it it will show you an estimated completion for each WU being processed by you.

Hey-hey! SatelliteGuys.US just broke through 200,000 points! Way to go, team! At 4/17/2007, 01:20, we're ranked at 1,905th of 61,020 teams and now have 41 members with 92 CPUs contributing to F@H.

Here's the live ExtremeOverClocking sig (updates every 3 hours):
stats.gif

Last edited:
Hey-hey! SatelliteGuys.US just broke through 200,000 points! Way to go, team! At 4/17/2007, 01:20, we're ranked at 1,905th of 61,020 teams and now have 41 members with 92 CPUs contributing to F@H.

Here's the live ExtremeOverClocking sig (updates every 3 hours):
stats.gif

We are doing really good! I will start up two more of my systems!

Mine make very little sense
My AMD Athalon 64 3500+ running at 2.20GHz does 1m9s/frame
AMD Athalon XP1700+ running at 1.47 GHZ does 51s/frame
AMD Turion 64 Mobile running at 1.79 GHz does 36s/frame

Mine make very little sense
My AMD Athalon 64 3500+ running at 2.20GHz does 1m9s/frame
AMD Athalon XP1700+ running at 1.47 GHZ does 51s/frame
AMD Turion 64 Mobile running at 1.79 GHz does 36s/frame

I agree. I find my machines change their speed of processing quite regularly. And even though I am leaving the machines alone to just focus on Folding...

Yep! We made it! I think it will take several update cycles before some of their statistics start to make sense, though. They look at the top 2000 teams only, so until a team makes it there, EOC does not compute past performance. We should see some positive movement, though, from here on out.

I'm familiar with EOC, I've been folding for a few years now.

Yippee, another WU! ;) (sound effect: a owl sound, Wu! Wu! ) :D

Up to six now, and a whopping 1303 points. Pathetically slow getting there though... :eek:

Well, I'm feeling like a tool right now. I rebooted my machine last night, and forgot to restart the process. I think I need to set it up to start on automatically. I lost a whole day of processing...:eek:

Regarding the variable number of frames/minute, I've noticed on the Windows client that different projects have varying numbers of atoms and steps, so depending on the protein your PC is folding, YMMV. The first WU my 3 GHz P4 notebook worked on took a little over 28 hours to complete. The current project is shaping up to complete in something like 4 days!

I think the projects assigned to the SMP clients are more evenly sized as they always seem to complete in a consistent time frame.

BTW, the code to generate the EOC Stats sig is
HTML:
[img]http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/sigs/sigimage.php/t=55236/c3=0062A6/c2=556688/c4=5891E8/c1=aaddaa/c5=ffffff/stats.gif[/img]
I haven't figured out how to put it in my sig, though...

Last edited:
Is their anyone here using the SMP client? I am using the regular windows XP client but I was wondering if I could get rid of the regular client and use the SMP client without losing my points and still show up in the stats with my other computer that is only single core. Anyone have any insight on this?

Is their anyone here using the SMP client? I am using the regular windows XP client but I was wondering if I could get rid of the regular client and use the SMP client without losing my points and still show up in the stats with my other computer that is only single core. Anyone have any insight on this?
Yes i am using the SMP client and also stil have the regular client installed.

So long as you use the same user name and Team number you get all your points added together.
One point though i dont think you can run smp and non-smp at the same time on the same machine.
However the SMP is Beta and you therefore take a risk.

gbjbany said:
However the SMP is Beta and you therefore take a risk.
I'll say. I came home tonight and found that the "100% completion" bug had hit me. There is news on how to fix it on the SMP Client forum, but I didn't read everything before I tried fixing it and corrupted my queue file. :( There went 1440 points...

joined the team a couple days ago. just wish folding@home was apart of the BOINC project run by the University of California-Berkeley. anyone know if folding@home ever plans on making it BOINC compatible?

Whew! I was able to recover the "lost" WU and fix my queue.dat file with qfix. After the loss of 1500-1600 points a few days ago, this helps. I'm also hoping that by recreating the queue file I won't have corruption problems after the next WU. Of course, though, I'm out of synch again. I was trying to schedule the two instances so they finish roughly 16 hours apart. Now, I think it will be another 30 hours before my next WU finishes.

Stats Update:
EOC has us about three days away from making 250,000 points. 1,500th place is 6 days out at our current pace (although I think EOC is still short-changing us since we've only been on their tracking sscreens for 48 hours. Kakao Stats has us hitting the 1,500th place mark in close to 3-4 days.
stats.gif
We're also up to 47 contributing members!:up Scott's going to be passed by Gbjbany soon if he doesn't start his computers & PS3 folding again.

Last edited:
Woo, got my 7th machine on the list tonight with it's first completion, it's an older laptop, so it took a few days to complete the project. I still have 1 more linux machine 1ghz box that is cruncing away, but it looks like it'll take 10 days or so to complete a project.
I'm climbing up the list with my little crunching army!

EOC has us about three days away from making 250,000 points.
Ha! EOC can't keep up with us! (3 days, indeed) As I type this, Stanford shows that we're just 1,800 points from a quarter-million points. At this point I think I'm going to stop looking at EOC and go back to using Kakao Stats for predictions.
stats.gif