Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

5thfreedom, those "zombies" appear to be an issue in the Linux/OSX SMP client version, not the Windows one. I'm hoping that Stanford made some actual improvements to the programs instead of filing off the version numbers and calling it "V6 beta 1"...

If you haven't been there yet, the Folding Forum is a pretty good site for all things Folding. Glad to have you onboard!

Also, congrats to bkos who just Folded his way into the 100K Club! Way to Fold!

Congrats bkos.

Congrats and thanks to everyone on the team. Thanks to cooler weather it seems we are stepping it up a bit. This winter is going to be exciting I think.

Are there any problems with the points updating? I finished my 1st SMP yesterday morning but don't see the points. How many points should I average for SMP Unit (I was averaging 500 points on the console version and was able to run two of those)?

Just wondering if I should go back to the Dual Console Version

I Figured it out. I didn't config the SMP Core with the team # or my user name
Yeah, that happened to me once towards the beginning of Folding. I edited the Config file (DON'T EVER EDIT THE CONFIG FILE!) instead of running the FAH -configonly command. FAH responded by deleting the "corrupt" Config file and creating a new one with Team 0 & Anonymous.

Fortunately, I was able to keep my Config files. but I still ran FAH -configonly before I started a new WU with the new Client.

So far, the new SMP Client is grabbing the 1,760 point WUs which has boosted my Mac's ppd to over 3,100. :up

Hey! newsjunkie, congratulations! You're our latest member of the 200K Club!

SatelliteGuys.US snuck into the Folding Top 250 this week. Way to Fold, Team!!!
@party

I just got home to find that my beta client expired on Oct 1, so it hasn't been doing anything for a few days.
I wonder if that's what happened to jgantert. His points production has fallen off since the first of the month.

Last edited:
Yeah, I noticed JG fell off too.

On a similar and sad note. I lost 3 folders at home (sigh). All 3 bought the farm.

On a happier note, I am gonna fire up some dual cores at work hopefully today. :)

Now that it's getting closer to cooler weather, I'm thinking it's about time to build another box. I've got everything except the mobo, processor, and memory. Guess I'll be doing a little shopping this weekend.:D

well, I think I made up for my 3 lost soilders at home. I started 4 dual cores at work. They'll only be folding until someone needs a new PC, but figure might as well hook em up and do something instead of letting them sit in the boxes.

If asked, I'm testing for premature failure before the warranty expires! :)

I am running the SMP client on 3 of them (2 core2duos and 1 Pentium D at 3.6ghz). The 4th one (a core2duo) would not download anything if I ran the SMP client, so I reverted to 2 console clients. Based on early estimates, should start seeing WU's from the SMP's on Sunday morning (barring any problems)

had a bad week - 3 project 2652's failed at 49%, seems this Project is a bit of an issue others had it too. But folding now on a 2653. Going to india this week so not sure if my smp client will keep working it needs TLC, i may turn into 2 consoles these run ok.

laff, yeah me! :) THanks

I'm really liking how the team is doing now that it's cooling down (for some of us anyways).