Join the SatelliteGuys Folding@Home Team!

Hey Scorpy, I just noticed that you broke into the Top 400 Folders! :up Congratulations and Fold on!!!

Isn't it the way of things. Folding away, pretty steady for weeks. Leave town for a couple days and the power goes off and every thing goes down.

Up and running again.

Welcome to new folders, and way to climb, Scorpion.sting.

Isn't it the way of things. Folding away, pretty steady for weeks. Leave town for a couple days and the power goes off and every thing goes down.

Up and running again.

Welcome to new folders, and way to climb, Scorpion.sting.

Folding seems to be touchy to me too. Always seem to have a machine get stuck, a windows update, a VPU reset, etc. It seems like once a week one of my 4 computers will stop folding. It has not been annoying enough to quit yet, but my production goes up and down like crazy.

I find that every couple of days, one of my two ATI GPU2 clients get into a NAN state and I need to reboot (well, that's the fastest way to clear it.) Now that we're past the thunderstorm season, the chance of power outages seems remote, so this seems to be the only hiccup in Folding (for now).

Dual ATI GPU's

I'm running Dual ATI 4870 in Crossfire on one of my PC's. I can't get the second GPU2 client to load on the second card. I think I've followed all of the directions correctly with the command line switches (0 and 1). Does anyone have any ideas?

Looks like we have a busy week coming up. 5 days until we pass D&D Minions for #102.

We also have some SatGuys approaching new milestones.

Scorpion.sting will hit 11 Million points.
Foxbat will hit 6 Million points.
8bitbytes will hit 2 Million points.

I didn't think they worked in crossfire setup either.

I'm a little confused. What do you mean? The cards? The GPU2 client?

I have two 4870's running in Crossfire. They both work, and are configured in the ATI Control Panel. I have one GPU2 client working just fine. However, when I try to fire the second client, I get an error message.

Would I get better Folding performance if I unhooked the Crossfire cable and ran the cards seperately?

Yes, I believe you need to run them as separate cards. That's how I have my nvidia cards setup. When they were linked, I could only use them as 1, but separate, I can run 2 GPU clients.

I just went around on my GPU2 clients and installed October's Windows Updates instead of letting them install automatically. No issues, and all three boxes booted up and started Folding right where they left off. Phew!

Our next serious threat "Estonia" seems to have dropped off the face of the earth again. They seem to be very erratic; kickin' butt one day and falling behind the next...
Estonia is about 1 million points behind us and has about the same daily production right now. There was a week in September that their production spiked to about 200K ppd but it now down to around 160K.