Jose Canseco sorry ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
And just about EVERYONE he named AND some he didn't name...was on that Report. And just about ALL of them denied they ever took anything.

AND if you think for ONE SECOND the MLB did not know this was happening... then you are naive. MLB was DESPERATE after the last labor issue between the players and the owners... and the HR Derby between Sosa and McGuire pretty much brought ALL the fans back and pretty much sealed the fact that they weren't gonna say a word.

The UNFORTUNATE thing is that a douche like Canseco had to be the one that spilled the beans. And everyone hates it came from him...the ONLY other player that the MLB and the media hated more in baseball was Bonds. IF ANYONE else other than those two would have done it... they would have been considered 'the player/players that cleaned MLB'...

So you think MLB wanted the Homerun race between Sosa and McGuire. Someone in MLB told them to use Steroids to bring back the fans? Sorry,I don't believe it. They used steriods because they wanted to. Nobody in MLB told them to.

So you think MLB wanted the Homerun race between Sosa and McGuire. Someone in MLB told them to use Steroids to bring back the fans? Sorry,I don't believe it. They used steriods because they wanted to. Nobody in MLB told them to.

Not that someone told them to use steroids. But they KNEW that this was going on and turned a blind eye. You may THINK the owners want what is best for the game, but all they care about is $$$$. And they were headed to ugly attendance records...until.... Sammy vs Mark...

salsadancer7 said:
Not that someone told them to use steroids. But they KNEW that this was going on and turned a blind eye. You may THINK the owners want what is best for the game, but all they care about is $$$$. And they were headed to ugly attendance records...until.... Sammy vs Mark...

I don't believe that either. It started before the strike.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using SatelliteGuys

Most of his lying/exaggeration in your post was about HIMSELF. Not about who took what/when/and how when it comes to PEDs. I am not naive to think that there could be, what could be called "liberties with the true"...but there is NO DOUBT that when it came to telling the truth about the entire PEDs scandal...Canseco was WAY more trustworthy than 99% of the players that he mentioned.

As far as the video is concerned, there is no DOUBT the guy is a douche bag... but does it mean the douche is lying? Exaggerating? Maybe... Lying? Could be. But again, he has been TONS more truthful than the players AND the MLB for that matter.

Of course he's more truthful than others, he's the one ratting them out.

Why didn't he come out with this when he was playing ?
Oh, thats right, he was doing it too and it was benefiting him as well.

Not disputing you, but wanted to add to your post.

I think MLB knew about this LONG before the Sosa / McGuire deal.

The motive is the same for ALL that write a book... to make money.

That is a misleading statement. Many people write books with other motives. they certainly do not mind making money in the process but they have other motives. In this case making money---not reporting the facts was the sole motive. For that reason I am not surprised to hear that Canseco feels some regret about the consequences.

That is a misleading statement. Many people write books with other motives. they certainly do not mind making money in the process but they have other motives. In this case making money---not reporting the facts was the sole motive. For that reason I am not surprised to hear that Canseco feels some regret about the consequences.

SO if it was someone that was LOVED...say a Cal Ripken or a Tony Gwynn...THEY would be reporting the facts and not for money?! And why not BOTH in the case of Canseco?

Again, there is no doubt he is a douche, but let's not see this with blinker on... In the grand scheme of things... he would have never ratted out the players.... it would be STILL going on.

SO if it was someone that was LOVED...say a Cal Ripken ....

I'd like to read what Cal Ripkin has to report about his training regimen that enabled him to have a Brady Anderson-like monster year in 1991, and how it is that a 6'4" 200+ pound guy could keep playing shortstop 162 games a year into his late 30s and have a higher batting average in his early to mid 30s than he did in his mid to late 20s. Ernie Banks never played a single game at shortstop after he turned 30. He couldn't have, because it would have been impossible.

And what happened to Ripkin's hair?

SO if it was someone that was LOVED...say a Cal Ripken or a Tony Gwynn...THEY would be reporting the facts and not for money?! And why not BOTH in the case of Canseco?

Again, there is no doubt he is a douche, but let's not see this with blinker on... In the grand scheme of things... he would have never ratted out the players.... it would be STILL going on.

No Salsa. I said nothing even remotely like that. You continue to distort people's posts in order to make some point of your own. It is simply impossible to conduct a real discussion when yu are involved because of these tactics and frankly I won't bother to try again.

I am glad the Steroids issue has been addressed (and isn't in baseball anymore ?)

Next it will be something else and who says that Steroids have been taken out of baseball entirely now ...

I just really DISLIKED the way it went about happening, leaking names a few at a time like that, that was pathetic ....

Has the WHOLE list ever been released ?

AntAltMike said:
I'd like to read what Cal Ripkin has to report about his training regimen that enabled him to have a Brady Anderson-like monster year in 1991, and how it is that a 6'4" 200+ pound guy could keep playing shortstop 162 games a year into his late 30s and have a higher batting average in his early to mid 30s than he did in his mid to late 20s. Ernie Banks never played a single game at shortstop after he turned 30. He couldn't have, because it would have been impossible.

Lol...no comment.

Geronimo said:
No Salsa. I said nothing even remotely like that. You continue to distort people's posts in order to make some point of your own. It is simply impossible to conduct a real discussion when yu are involved because of these tactics and frankly I won't bother to try again.

Yet you have no issues stating that my comment was...and the EXACT QUOTE was..."misleading". I have neither disdorted your words nor quoted you with words you said. I think this is all a matter of perception, and that is why I stated that if he was someone that was liked, they view on "the rat" would be very different.

Do I think people write books not for the money, yeah, I am sure there are some... But in the end, you gotta pay the bills....and EVERYONE has bills to pay.

Because your comment was misleading. I did not have to read anything into your comment to say that. but you continually respond to my posts (and others) by making arguments that have no relationship to the post.

I doubt the others in the forum really want to see any personal back and forth like this. Let's just drop it. If you really feel a need to say anything let's take it off the forum.

Most likely it was hereditary. Have you seen his brother Bill??

bill-header.jpg

I suppose he could have been juicing too... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)