Jose Canseco sorry ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I wouldn't be sorry for writing it if I were him. He is the only honest player from the beginning of the whole thing.

I wouldn't be sorry for writing it if I were him. He is the only honest player from the beginning of the whole thing.

Sure, no problem writing it and ratting everyone out and he makes money as well....

of course everyones forgot that HE STARTED the whole BS in the first place, but he gets off with nothing ?

Had anyone else wrote it, he'd be screaming bloody murder.

I agree. Even though some good may have come of the whole thing Canseco's motives were hardly pure. If I did that to my teammates for the reasons he did it I would have regret as well.

He's not a very likeable guy for sure. And to get paid to tell the truth. That part bothers me. And some of the parts of his book aren't true.

Geronimo said:
I agree. Even though some good may have come of the whole thing Canseco's motives were hardly pure. If I did that to my teammates for the reasons he did it I would have regret as well.

NOT defending him, but his motives are the same for ANYONE that writes a book.....to make money.

televisionarchives said:
He's not a very likeable guy for sure. And to get paid to tell the truth. That part bothers me. And some of the parts of his book aren't true.

What parts were not true? And considering that ALOT of those guys denied they ever took PEDs, and later found to be lying... Makes the guys he fingered no less guilty the was for ratting them out.

ESPN.com: Page 2 : And the real facts are ...

And watch this video . He's really full of BS here.

Most of his lying/exaggeration in your post was about HIMSELF. Not about who took what/when/and how when it comes to PEDs. I am not naive to think that there could be, what could be called "liberties with the true"...but there is NO DOUBT that when it came to telling the truth about the entire PEDs scandal...Canseco was WAY more trustworthy than 99% of the players that he mentioned.

As far as the video is concerned, there is no DOUBT the guy is a douche bag... but does it mean the douche is lying? Exaggerating? Maybe... Lying? Could be. But again, he has been TONS more truthful than the players AND the MLB for that matter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of his lying/exaggeration in your post was about HIMSELF. Not about who took what/when/and how when it comes to PEDs. I am not naive to think that there could be, what could be called "liberties with the true"...but there is NO DOUBT that when it came to telling the truth about the entire PEDs scandal...Canseco was WAY more trustworthy than 99% of the players that he mentioned.

As far as the video is concerned, there is no DOUBT the guy is a douche bag... but does it mean the douche is lying? Exaggerating? Maybe... Lying? Could be. But again, he has been TONS more truthful than the players AND the MLB for that matter.

I don't think so. I think the number of Players who used Steroids was overblown. If he has the facts behind him why would he lie about anything? So our job as a reader of his book is to separate the BS from the facts?

No one is saying that Canseco was not telling the truth. What is being questioned is his motive for doing so and whether or not it is somewhat natural to feel regret about that.

But the problem here is he's got a track record of lies . Even in his book. That's why I don't believe him. He can't even get the facts right in his own book.

And just about EVERYONE he named AND some he didn't name...was on that Report. And just about ALL of them denied they ever took anything.

AND if you think for ONE SECOND the MLB did not know this was happening... then you are naive. MLB was DESPERATE after the last labor issue between the players and the owners... and the HR Derby between Sosa and McGuire pretty much brought ALL the fans back and pretty much sealed the fact that they weren't gonna say a word.

The UNFORTUNATE thing is that a douche like Canseco had to be the one that spilled the beans. And everyone hates it came from him...the ONLY other player that the MLB and the media hated more in baseball was Bonds. IF ANYONE else other than those two would have done it... they would have been considered 'the player/players that cleaned MLB'...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts